• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2 wheels

stumpski

Awesome race that. Chuffed for van Velthooven, thought he looked strong through the heats and semi and despite being on the outside the entire race managed to get the bronze. Must have huge power, would have ridden a fair bit further than the rest considering how far out he was.
I didn't get that at all. Why do the riders on the outside not start further forward, to compensate for having to ride in bigger circles? Pendleton seemed to start about 10 feet in front of Meares, despite there only being the two of them.

PhoenixFire

We don't need officials being on our side.

@ Social, I agree, but I don't know how obvious it was to the officials that he had dived though. Don't know what the protocol is for the officials though, oince he admitted he dived,

Burgey

And in a direct match up between a Pom and an Aussie, the Pom tries to cheat but goodness prevails in the end. Some things transcend sport.

Burgey

We don't need officials being on our side.

@ Social, I agree, but I don't know how obvious it was to the officials that he had dived though. Don't know what the protocol is for the officials though, oince he admitted he dived,
They should have taken it off them. But I suspect by that time it was well and truly too late.

cpr

Yeah he said he wants to ride at Glasgow, just to show the locals what exercise is, and what living past 35 can be like.

Lets be honest, the Velodrome will be sponsored by Buckfast.

_Ed_

Awesome to see a whole bunch of NZ rowers and cyclists in the stands for the BMX finals.