• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2012 Paralympic Games Thread

Burgey

Just getting under way right now with Stephen Hawking featuring quite prominently in the Opening Ceremony.

We may therefore need to re-name the "Strphen Hawking Test" used to rightfully exclude Chess when it was laughably suggested as a new sport in the discussion surrounding future Summer Games.

Anyway, post your comments about the Paralympic Games here.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Watched some last night, some phenomenal performances. And not in a patronising way either, people with various disabilities swimming far faster than I could.

Johnners

Was amazed at the blokes swimming in the backstroke heats without any arms, incredible. Was a little bit miffed as to his version of backstroke though, would have thought even given the disability, he would have still been required to use a single leg type kick, as opposed to the dolphin kick he seemingly used the whole race.

Son Of Coco

I've noticed commentators are extremely reluctant to use the phrase 'hit the wall' to describe competitors having pushed themselves past the limits of their physical capabilities...especially during the blind cycling.

:ph34r:

(Disclaimer: I do really think the athletic prowess on show is fantastic).

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Personally don't care about the medals table in this, just marvel at the brilliance of all the athletes taking part.

MW1304

Just sat there stunned as he was saying all of this. Was expecting some humble 'gave it my best shot' interview from a great athlete and then he spouted all that out.

_Ed_

Wow, Sophie Pascoe's done alright, hasn't she? Total of six golds and four silvers for her now after Beijing and London. Not bad for a 19-year-old.