• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3 Lions or World in Motion?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I have been weighing this up all day and I really cannot decide which is better. They are both really great in a guilty pleasure sort of way.

Also, GIMH is banned from making John Barnes related posts in this thread.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Vindaloo very overrated imo.

I always used to say World in Motion, but a lot of the memes etc. I have seen have really made me soften towards Three Lions over the last few days.

For example:

wpdavid

Vindaloo very overrated imo.

I always used to say World in Motion, but a lot of the memes etc. I have seen have really made me soften towards Three Lions over the last few days.

For example:

I like that.

And I'd vote for 3 Lions anyway. The crowd singing it at Wembley in 1996 was genuinely spine tingling stuff.

EDIT
Why no mention of 'Back home'?
Twas the first 45 I bought with my own pocket money.

Uppercut

3 Lions is miles better. There's a reason it's the only one of the two that ever gets sung on a terrace. World in Motion is a mediocre early-90s dance track that happens to be tangentially related to football.

Howe_zat

Three Lions is iconic and has the virtue of being made by an actual band, which helps.

It's genuinely brilliant, there's no guilty pleasure or irony about it imo

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Three Lions is iconic and has the virtue of being made by an actual band, which helps.

It's genuinely brilliant, there's no guilty pleasure or irony about it imo
Bit harsh on New Order :ph34r:

But yeah it’s Three Lions. The adaptability of footballs coming home is great too. Great times singing Tranmeres going up to that tune in May.

Actually about to listen to all the songs mentioned in this thread in a little playlist I’ve made for my half hour drive just now

wpdavid

Vindaloo?
I'd forgotten that one until reading David Squires' latest offering.
After commenting that Mbappe wasn't even born when France won it in 1998, he cuts to a picture of the emergent superstar pondering 'Qu'est que c'est vindaloo?'

flibbertyjibber

3 lions.

At work yesterday and today me and some maintenance bloke were singing it all day. Finishing the next lines for each other and just having a laugh.

Could never see anyone doing that with any other England song.

Burgey

Bit harsh on New Order :ph34r:

But yeah it’s Three Lions. The adaptability of footballs coming home is great too. Great times singing Tranmeres going up to that tune in May.

Actually about to listen to all the songs mentioned in this thread in a little playlist I’ve made for my half hour drive just now
You can play them when England loses to to Sweden.