• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

8th June - Group B - India v Sri Lanka

Who will win this match?

• Total voters

James

Cricket Web Owner
Thu Jun 8 (50 ovs) 10:30 local (09:30 GMT | 19:30 AEST | 19:00 ACST | 17:30 AWST)

Group B - India v Sri Lanka
Kennington Oval, London

honestbharani

I have been saying this in this sub-forum. I think this Sri Lankan side can surprise many people. Our team need to be extremely careful and ensure complacency does not kick on. We can easily be caught napping in this game. :(

Black_Warrior

I just don't see this team doing that. This team just seems far to professional to not take a match in a tournament seriously when officially they have not even qualified yet

srbhkshk

Rohit and Dhawan may be good openers, but I so miss Sehwag and Tendulkar with the kind of slow starts we get these days

srbhkshk

Tendulkar too often plays out the first few balls before going into God-mode.
He only really played slow for 3-4 overs though, occasionally Dhawan/Sharma just keep meandering along till one of them realizes it's already been 15 overs.

(I don't even remember the last time we got a 70/1 in 10 overs.)

Last edited:

Black_Warrior

This is what I love about ODI cricket and something I miss in T20 cricket - the diversity of styles and approaches you can find. India has one of the slowest run rates at the start of the innings since CWC 2015 yet one of the most successful ODI sides in that period. There are just multiple ways of going about it. You can go the England way, you can go the India way. All the top sides have very different team compositions and make the best of their resources.

Sri Lanka on the other hand have the best run rate at the start, but are ranked number 7 in world cricket

mackembhoy

I seen loads questioned Sharma and Dhawan being included in the squad.

They'll be the front of the queue to priase them now. Back to back hundred partnerships.