• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

8th June - Group B - India v Sri Lanka

Who will win this match?

• Total voters

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Well done to Sri Lanka, hope they get up against Pakistan. Sri Lanka being mediocre at ODI cricket doesn't sit right.

91Jmay

Gun innings from Mathews. They've dominated Indian bowling really consider they gave them two wickets

Contra

So is Shammi not being played because he's still match fit or because they prefer Umesh over him? Because I'd take Shammi over Umesh any day in limited overs. I think we might also need the skill of Ashwin against SA, theses grounds have nothing in it for bowlers period.

honestbharani

See, I told you **** s that SL were gonna surprise people here. And BW, there is a reason why I never rate an Indian bowling line up.

Kudos to Sri Lanka and all their fans here. Excellent win. A bit of a perfect game really, won the toss and utilized the early conditions and ensured the batting team did not get off to a flyer immediately. And when it did look like they were getting into their groove, they made interesting bowling changes, changed the pace of the game and snuffed out 3 crucial wickets, which ensured that inspite of batting well at the back end of the innings, India still only got what was a chaseable total than an impossible one, even though it was on the higher side. And with the bat, the team made sure they utilized their chances. Mendis was astounding and the way he took apart Jaddu was a masterclass, esp. because he was basically hitting him in the same area in different ways off often different lines and lengths. Angie does what Angie does and that is why I always rate him a class above most other batsmen and keep picking him in drafts.

For India, somehow I did think today they will be caught taking it lightly at times and they were. In a tournament like this there is nowhere to hide when you do not turn up hot and today they did not and they have to face the consequences. Just gotta hope that RSA choke one more time or else its curtains for India in this tournament. :(

honestbharani

Gotta say I just do not see Umesh being anything good in ODIs. Guy just cannot bowl consistently at a length and often messes up at the worst possible time. Case in point today - Gunaratne comes in, looks like a cat on a hot tin roof for the first 3 balls and then he gives him a lovely short one outside leg to the shorter boundary with field set for pitched up outside off stump bowling to save the singles. And he did something like this so many times today. I really don't think its worth playing him over Ashwin at this point. If Shami is fully fit and 100%, he should come in, else we should just pick Ashwin for the next game.

Jaddu having a shocker did not help either but at least it was a batsman who came out with a plan and who took risks that negated him. Umesh was just so so bad.

AndyZaltzHair

Ashwin is a must vs SA and I would not swap him with jadeja looking at the vulnerability of SA against spin. So swap ashwin with pandya and maybe shami in place of umesh

Shri

Ashwin is a must vs SA and I would not swap him with jadeja looking at the vulnerability of SA against spin. So swap ashwin with pandya and maybe shami in place of umesh
Would drop Jadhav and Umesh and bring in Ash and Shami. Jaddu is wasted at 8 and he didn't even play a ball today when batting. We should also begin hitting out sooner.

Dhawan
Rohit
Kohli
Dhoni
Yuvi
Pandya
Jadeja
Ashwin
Bhuvi
Shami
Bumrah

YorksLanka

Am a very happy man today and also very surprised.fantastic win and very good of the Indian fans on here to be so gracious about it too. Hopefully we might actually have one or two players for next week who aren't actually injured! I called it about Kusal Mendis before the tournament and glad he is coming good.