• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

8th June - Group B - India v Sri Lanka

Who will win this match?

• Total voters

harsh.ag

Lanka beautiful. The Indian bowling attack was due a flaying.

That SL chased this without Chandimal and another batsman retiring makes it even more impressive.

Whatta tournament!

Anyone know why Yuvi wasn't given the ball?

ankitj

I think we did that already tbh. Ashwins been out of rhythm for a while and Jadeja has generally been the better ODI bowler. Shami didn't look fully fit in the warmup games while Yadav has been excellent.
Agree. I somehow still like the comfort of having Ashwin in the playing XI irrespective of his form/rhythm.

honestbharani

TBH, Gavaskar noted that they might look at Ashwin as the lone spinner given the amount of left handers in the SL side. This side under Kohli, both tests and ODIs, has made it clear that they go very much by horses for courses (unless its nostrils, of course), so there was a case for playing Ashwin over Yadav. And while I agree he has improved leaps as a test bowler, I am still not sold on him as an ODI bowler. He loses his line and length for no apparent reason way too often to give you confidence as a captain.

harsh.ag

TBH, Gavaskar noted that they might look at Ashwin as the lone spinner given the amount of left handers in the SL side. This side under Kohli, both tests and ODIs, has made it clear that they go very much by horses for courses (unless its nostrils, of course), so there was a case for playing Ashwin over Yadav. And while I agree he has improved leaps as a test bowler, I am still not sold on him as an ODI bowler. He loses his line and length for no apparent reason way too often to give you confidence as a captain.
Think the whole point of the last year has been that he has reduced this aspect of his bowling considerably.

Daemon

Yeah. It's not just that, he's been a genuine wicket taking threat with the new ball too, and bagging openers early in todays ODI game is absolutely huge.

vcs

Well done Sri Lanka!

India-SL rivalry in ICC tournaments is excellent, I am sure SL have the upper hand overall.

Migara

Ashwin is a horse for ALL courses. Easily the best finger spinner in modern cricket world.

Migara

Easily they could have traded Ashwin for Sir in that side. Or Even Jadhav who looked woeful in the field and with the ball. Don't know what Suresh Raina doesn't offer instead.

harsh.ag

Easily they could have traded Ashwin for Sir in that side. Or Even Jadhav who looked woeful in the field and with the ball. Don't know what Suresh Raina doesn't offer instead.
Jadhav is doing a great job with the bat. Not something Ashwin is capable of. Can't leave out Jadhav.

Jaddu could be replaced with Ash. Would be a tight call. But it's certainly a bold strategy, since it would come from wanting more wickets.

Migara

Jadhav is doing a great job with the bat. Not something Ashwin is capable of. Can't leave out Jadhav.

Jaddu could be replaced with Ash. Would be a tight call. But it's certainly a bold strategy, since it would come from wanting more wickets.
When you have Sharma, Kohli, Dhoni, Yuvraj, do you need more batting? Aswin capable of hitting few, Sir is a very capable batsman. Five top quality batsmen and three all rounders in Pandya, Ashwin and Sir would be ideal.

Daemon

No way. I don't have a lot of faith in Dhoni/Yuvi at this point. We've just seen from the recent SL game that you can bowl absolute crap for parts of your innings but the batting shouldn't be compromised on, especially for only a slight increase in bowling. We also saw how handy Jadhav was vs England, he has to stay.