• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

a Goodbye from me

Smudge

Slow Love™ said:
Hmm... I thought everybody involved was adamant that hinton had given his permission for that thing to be posted.

And marc, you really do display an amazing ability sometimes to hang yourself by your own petard.
It seems Chris had an idea of what was going to happen - he neither consented or asked that they keep it off here - according to this transcript at least.

Chris Hinton: i know your going to post this on cricketweb

benchmark00

I can categorically say Hinton did say he had no issues with it being posted, It just wasn't posted in the transcript because it would look too 'put on' and wouldn't fit in with the tone of the transcript.

And marc - :laugh:

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Don't know the bloke, sounds like a top bloke.. sad to see him come to a conclusion like this, we will miss ya mate.. have a good one..

Smudge

Goodbye Chris Hinton
Though I never knew you at all
You had the grace to post yourself
While those around you browsed
They crawled out of the woodwork
And they whispered that you're insane
They set on your one-letter posts
And they made us hate your name

And it seems to me you post on here
Like a Tory pamphlet in the wind
Never knowing who to cling to
When the abuse set in
And I would have liked to have known you
But I was just a kid
Your postings burned out long before
Your legend ever did

Loneliness was tough
The toughest role you ever played
Cricketweb created a superstar
And pain was the price you paid
Even when you flounced
Oh the coterie still hounded you
All the posters had to say
Was that Chris looks scary in the nude

Goodbye Chris Hinton
From the young man in the CW Blue
Who sees you as something as more than textual
More than just our Average Joe

And it seems to me you post on here
Like a Tory pamphlet in the wind
Never knowing who to cling to
When the abuse set in
And I would have liked to have known you
But I was just a kid
Your postings burned out long before
Your legend ever did

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Hinton - you always said what you felt and will be missed by me. Thank you for posting on the boards.

On a different note, I don't see why cricketweb shouldn't allow members to have their past posts deleted if they wish. I also noticed that you cannot edit or delete posts after more than 24 hours (some thing which wasn't always there on cricketweb). I find this very weird in general. Most places on the net I have been at allows you to do this. I think it is only legitimate to not deny members from having this option. That's my take on it.

PY - very well said.

Last edited: