• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Albums you've listened to today

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Shellac - 1000 Hurts
I have such a conflicted relationship with Albini. He's one of the very best producers of guitar music out there, but I think he's also a twisted ****.

Big Black's Songs About ****ing is a hard listen, but calling his next band "Rapeman" is actually indefensible.

Even a cursory Google into the Japanese comic after which they were named moves it way beyond indefensible too.

Anyhoo, as to the topic at hand, none strictly speaking yet, but am currently listening to Golden Sings That Have Been Sung by Ryley Walker.

RossTaylorsBox

Songs About ****ing is great because it's deliberately abrasive and I think represents Albini best as a person. But yeah like 80% of people in the music industry he's a weirdo and you probably shouldn't idolise him.

gwenn

I listened to Best day ever by Mac Miller. Mac Miller was an exceptional rapper. when this album was released I bought a best day ever album cap and posters. I still cant believe that Mac Miller is no more with us. However, he made his name in such a short span of time. Here is the best day ever song one of my favourites.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbV-Q6tz4B8

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Cruel Guards - The Panics

The title track and Don't Fight It especially are so, so wonderful. I think they've listened to almost as much Triffids as me.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Izzy Stradlin - Ride On
Rolling Stones - Sticky Fingers

Sticky Fingers in constant rotation for me at the minute but it was my first full run through of Ride On in a good decade or more I reckon. Back in the day it was only released in Japan but HMV in Liverpool had it on import for 30 quid. An ex bought it for me as a present one time. She was psychotic but it was a great gift.

Anyway I still have all my CDs and it's burned onto multiple computers but thankfully these days it's not Japan only so you can get it the easy way. Cracking album. Spazed is one of my all time favourite songs. Izzy the most unappreciated man in rock and roll for me.