• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Athlai's Avengers

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah, but your point about who has played more games in the last 12 months? Did you just not do your research?

Also not sure if you're aware but (a) Smith has still been playing cricket, Younis hasn't and (b) Younis averaged sub-30 on his way out of the door
2 years is now 12 months? Well FMD, a mathematical breakthrough, someone needs to tell CERN. The world as we know it has changed.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Oh you're referring to the games that are counted in CPL and not the Latham/Faf years thing alright. Yeah neither have played a FC game in 10 months despite Smith's team playing plenty of matches.

Don't get me wrong I absolutely think Smith is the best batsman in the world, but will CPL think he might've retired or is injured?

Maybe Cribb installed a "banned due to cheating" button after Amir, Butt and Asif got the kick.

Marcuss

The whole thing is a strawman anyway because I've never talked up my batting and I thought picking Smith was a risk so... :Shrug:

Athlai

Not Terrible
I'm interested in what batting top 6 you think is actually better than mine. Cribb did concede I probably do have the best top 5. Whats your hot take of the batting eh Marcuss?

Marcuss

I'll have a look at the other squads in a bit but all I've said thus far is that I'm not convinced off the bat that it's the outright best. Some of those names look better on paper than they are in reality, imo anyway.

It could well be the best but Daemon has Kohli and ABDV so he's off to a solid start. His top 3 was poor though.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Top 6 is more or less a cop out for me, as I know a few teams 7/8/9 really blow me out of the water as a team as a whole.

I did have Daemon's batting as better than mine when I did the rankings and used standardized Test averages. But that was before the top 6's were fully done and I naturally want to doubt that Daemon's FC players will be as good as Fawad Alam.

My top 3 were

Daemon
Avengers
Spark

Dan

Global Moderator
I think morgie's batting is handy tbf

1. Kraigg Brathwaite
2. KL Rahul
3. Kusal Mendis
4. Joe Root *
5. Dinesh Chandimal +
6. Shaun Marsh

All active, none of them complete spuds, decent Test bodies of work with good FC numbers behind them, nobody really out of position.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I think morgie's batting is handy tbf

1. Kraigg Brathwaite
2. KL Rahul
3. Kusal Mendis
4. Joe Root *
5. Dinesh Chandimal +
6. Shaun Marsh

All active, none of them complete spuds, decent Test bodies of work with good FC numbers behind them, nobody really out of position.
5th best imo.

Marcuss

Ch00ie

You're 6th, which with your bowling focus is pretty OP.
I’ll take it. If we can drag this out for another two weeks or so that’d be great as I fancy Harris to get some against SRL.

Bavuma letting me down.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Wait, you rate someone worse?
Don't get me wrong, yours is probably the worst, but I used standardised Test averages to get my ratings, and Randy didn't favour well in that. He has FC guns though, and is definitely better than you.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I think Athlai probably does have the best top five, with the possible exception of Daemon who has three spuds in the top order but then two World XI bats at 4 and 5 - it's kind of hard to place that one. Some of the teams with better batsmen than Paine at 6 would probably eclipse Athlai too in terms of top sixes though.