• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia Squad Discussion

howardj

Can't work out how SMarsh missed this, but made the Test team

Maybe Invers got his formats mixed up

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Smarsh probably looked at as a top 3 batsman, and you've already got Warner, Finch and Watson there, with White as a possibility up there as well.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Heard from a few different sources, from different state squads, that Doug is bowling gas and they all hate facing him.

wiff

Bollinger is good for rolling his arm over for a few, but can he bat? All-rounder Cameron will replace all-rounder Watson when it revealed that Watson can't roll his arm over for a few. So who else in the team is not an all-rounder?

Burgey

I expect noted Test leg spinner Cameron White to dominate this tournament on the spin friendly wickets of Bangladesh.

Second Spitter

i know you're kidding, but if they gave it some more thought Smitler was a far more logic choice --
- great batsman on slower wickets.
- outstanding BBL 13/14 performance with the bat.
- his t20 bowling figures are damn impressive.
- brilliant fielder.

Burgey

Yeah for sure, but I actually think one of the best things our selectors have done in a while is limit TPC's appearances in LO international stuff and keep him focused on test cricket.

He's obviously worked so hard on his game to great effect, and no doubt he will end up a LO mainstay for years unless he loses the plot completely or gets injured, but it's a good thing he's concentrating on test cricket IMO.