• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Thread

jack_sparrow

WOOO GOOO USA!

I just wished they showed highlights of the basketball games here in the states, so I could see how sweet is the american victory. They are killing opponents by an average of 25 points!

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah listen, to those moaning about us competing as UK. Have read plenty of posts from Aussies on this board claiming that England isn't a country, so make your bloody minds up. Oh, and there are Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish MPs who help decide how my taxes get spent, so I think it's fair to say that yes, they are the same country. It's not like if the EU competed as an entity.

Mister Wright

Nah, completely disagree. Was absolutely enthralling, despite the loss. And I really want to watch the Boomers/US match.

End of that second quarter was l4m3. :(
Have to agree with Patrick. Was dying to see the Boomers, but got really taken by the softball. Bit of a dog thing to say nobody cares.

Mister Wright

Boomers didn't git the rub of the green last night, which they needed to beat the US. Still they played very well and I think the score flattered the US.

Johnners

Have to agree with Patrick. Was dying to see the Boomers, but got really taken by the softball. Bit of a dog thing to say nobody cares.
Was a bit of a throw away comment, didn't really mean it. However, as I said, enthralling as the finish to the softball might have been, the fact that they'd shown 3 and a 1/2 hours of the same sport, without so much as an update, was the bit that got to me. They're supposed to be covering the entire games, yet for the whole time the softball was on, we heard nothing about the rest of it.

Didn't really think the Boomers were ever a serious chance of beating the USA, as we were always going to be dominated on the boards. That said, how they took it up to them in the first half was fantastic, especially from Mills & Newly, who imo have been our best 2 players throughout the tournament. Mills really is something special for Australia, wouldn't be at all surprised to see him drafted next year (hope he is actually).

Burgey

You can tell things are starting to slow down when they're scratching around for things to show on the tele.

Sitting here listening to Gordon Bray call the sailing isn't exactly rivetting stuff imo.

Sailing - the people's sport. Anyone who's a multi can get a gig.

pasag

RTDAS
You can tell things are starting to slow down when they're scratching around for things to show on the tele.

Sitting here listening to Gordon Bray call the sailing isn't exactly rivetting stuff imo.

Sailing - the people's sport. Anyone who's a multi can get a gig.
They've been showing it from the start of the games. Australia were a gold medal chance, so obviously they were going to have it on.

duffer

AWTA. Mills was absolutely fantastic, especially in d. Loved it.
He really puts in for a little fella doesn't he? But it'll be his work with the ball in hand which will get him to the NBA. ESPN did an awesome job showing him and Andre Ogilvy's college games last season. Hope they go through with it again.

Can't help but feel the next games will be our big chance to medal. We'll have Bogut, Mills, Newly, Ingles, Jawai, Maric and Ogilvy all with big game experience. Shame the NBL is down the crapper because we're producing more top level talent than ever before in Australia.

jack_sparrow

Boomers didn't git the rub of the green last night, which they needed to beat the US. Still they played very well and I think the score flattered the US.
I don't think getting your ass handed to you and losing by 31 points in a basketball game (ALL THE WHILE YOU ARE TALKING SMACK TO A GREATER OPPONENT WITH NO RESPECT TO ITS ATHLETES) is very flattering.

USA USA USA!

Burgey

I don't think getting your ass handed to you and losing by 31 points in a basketball game (ALL THE WHILE YOU ARE TALKING SMACK TO A GREATER OPPONENT WITH NO RESPECT TO ITS ATHLETES) is very flattering.

USA USA USA!
The US basketball team basically encapsulates every reason why American sportsmen are hated around the world.

So it's all right for them to strut around and put everyone down, but if someone stands up to them and gives it back, it's disrespectful right?

Must use that argument next time someone has a pot shot at an Aussie cricketer. I'm sure the response would be pretty understanding.

Last edited:

pasag

RTDAS
Fair play from Wallace, 9th at 500m, 8th at 750 and ends up with Bronze. Missed out on silver by the tinest of margins as well.