• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bananarama - Peter Siddle's Ashes tour diary

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Thursday 6 August
Tuning into the channel 9 commentary today, it has been really good, they are all very knowledgeable.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Thursday August 6

Allan Border Medal Voting 4th Test.
3 points Fawad Ahmed - he hasn't let us down all series.
2 Brad Haddin - gave good advice to Nev about how to bop the bowling over long off for six
1 Allan Border - Good fighting spirit displayed when putting on the commentary ear-piece.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
21 August 2015

People often ask me what I like to read. I like to read articles like this.

Siddle riddle key to the Ashes | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

8.5/10 - loses a point for not including a picture of me.

Another thing people like to ask me, is what is it like to bowl in Test Cricket, I am going to give you an exclusive insight..

Hello there, it's Peter Siddle for a bowl. Been a while
3 or 4 Tests too long, ****ing Rod Marsh.

Siddle to Bell, 1 run, starts with a loosener, short outside off, 78mph but Bell doesn't connect properly with a pull through midwicket
I was a little nervous, but bowled a loosener on purpose. Firstly, so I can definitely be bowling as fast with the final ball of the day as my first ball of the day and also as I wanted to get at plodder Lyth, who Channel Nein's chosen one Starc has shown, is kind of ordinary.

Siddle to Lyth, OUT, short again and Lyth plops a catch into the hands of mid-on! Oh dear... Chances are fast running out for Lyth to convince, he latched on to what was little more than a long hop but could only spoon it gently into the leg side, where both mid-on and midwicket were waiting. Success for Siddle with only the second ball of his comeback
You see! First ball I've got the kid out, too easy. When I take a wicket my reactions are as follows: 1) Yessssssss 2) If the wicket moves me up the Test wicket tally list 3) on this occasion, a big taste for Rod Marsh and co.

Siddle to Root, FOUR, short again, wide of the stumps and Root carves it away over gully for a four first ball. Likes to make that statement these days - brings up the England 50
Siddle to Root, no run, pinned on the pads now, stuck on the crease... but Dharmasena decides it was heading down. Looked fairly close but Hawk-Eye says it would have missed, so Clarke right not to review
Siddle to Root, no run, good length in the channel outside off and left alone
Siddle to Root, no run, line and length in the corridor, too wide to make Root play
First ball to Root, I was trying to draw an edge to slip didn't work exactly, but now he is loose. Next ball, what a ball, pretty unlucky. Next couple of balls were just classic bowling (take note Mitchx3, and Haze).

Just one over for P. Siddy, the Vegan Avenger... Mitch Johnson returns to take on Mighty Joe
WTF? Why release the pressure.

Siddle to Bell, no run, that's a beauty, pitching just outside off and holding its line, missing the bat and stumps by a whisker
Siddle to Bell, no run, a little wider, 84mph on a length and Bell watches it by
Siddle to Bell, no run, width again, slightly short and Bell has an orgiastic swipe at it, misses completely
Siddle to Bell, no run, gets across on off stump, lets a length ball through
Siddle to Bell, no run, Siddle knows the lines and lengths to bowl in England, he gets Bell fiddling in the corridor again, just about held his bat inside the line
Siddle to Bell, no run, another corridor-menacer from Sids, this time Bell shoulders arms deliberately

That's just a classic over. The first ball was a rip snorter and as shown by the comm, I know how to bowl in England.

Next over, a good over but 1 not so good ball, my first bad ball of the series, but it isn't a problem seeing Bell hit a cover drive, it becomes a problem once he hits 3 or 4 through there. Could do with a banana right about now.
Siddle to Bell, FOUR, ah, lovely stuff, Bell finally clicks into liquid cricket mode, stepping out to spank a cover drive to the fence - England's first run in 33 balls
Siddle to Root, no run, another sweet nut from Siddle, pitched up and straightening past the outside edge as Root was enticed into the drive
This Root guy has just dominated our pace bowlers all series, I don't know how?

Siddle to Root, no run, good length on off stump, tapped short into the off side
Siddle to Root, no run, length around off, stays in the crease and blocks, came off the inside edge
Siddle to Root, no run, good bowling from Siddle, he moves this one back into the batsman, over the top of the stumps as Root leaves
Siddle to Root, no run, draws him out and edged but again it falls short of first slip. Testing spell this
Siddle to Root, no run, gets into line this time and defends with the face of the bat
Siddle to Root, no run, fired in and past the inside edge, big appeal with Root again loitering in the crease, Dar slowly shakes his head... Looked like it hit him above the flap on the back leg, so would have been high, maybe heading down the leg side, too
Classic over here. This is one of the best overs by an Australian all summer.

Siddle to Bell, no run, Siddle goes wide on the crease, fires it in and then holds the line outside off, Bell leaves
Siddle to Bell, no run, pitched up and shaping away, again Bell ignores it
Siddle to Bell, OUT, bowled him, clips the off bail with a corking delivery! This has been an exacting spell from Siddle, full of subtlety and skill, he found the perfect length to trouble the top of off, got the ball to hold down the line and beat Bell's defensive push - a real bail-trimmer. Siddle growls in approval and England are three down, looking ever-so-slightly wobbly
Yessssssssssss, what a ball, see bowling to a plan works, really pleased with that, piss off Bell, piss off RodMarsh, piss off Warne etc etc.

adub

and now we're going to have to endure months of reheated mung beans because he has proven that there might be one or two meals on a macrobiotic diet that are edible?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
God this thread is that much better after Siddle's 5th test performance :laugh:

you rule nufers