• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the Members VI

Craig

World Traveller
Or at least I think it is, and it must be around this time of the year we run the annual event.

vcs

What is this all about? Is it some massive, stat-infested war where everybody has to engage in pages of multi-quote Murali/Warne/Ponting/Sachin/Lara/McGrath/Marshall debate, complete with name-calling, belittling the player you don't like, accusations of bias, stat-fixing, intellectual dishonesty and so on? Or maybe I'm just describing another typical day on Cricket Chat. :ph34r:

Maybe we should have one of these events every year. Like in Godfather, when Clemenza says "Going to the mattresses gets rid of the bad blood". :dry:

Smudge

I'm in. I'll set a market once we've established the starting 64 (or whatever the final pool is).

morgieb

What is this all about? Is it some massive, stat-infested war where everybody has to engage in pages of multi-quote Murali/Warne/Ponting/Sachin/Lara/McGrath/Marshall debate, complete with name-calling, belittling the player you don't like, accusations of bias, stat-fixing, intellectual dishonesty and so on? Or maybe I'm just describing another typical day on Cricket Chat. :ph34r:

Maybe we should have one of these events every year. Like in Godfather, when Clemenza says "Going to the mattresses gets rid of the bad blood". :dry:
Haha.

Nah, this is just guys voting for who's the best member on the forums.

HeathDavisSpeed

Bloody hell, Craigos... It's VI man.

Battle one started on the 4th of May last year, so it's probably not unreasonable to start the preamble.

And, just in case he doesn't come on to say it, 16Tins will withdraw. And Goughy usually withdraws too, if he's still in absentia.

Smudge

Going by the first two pages of the members list (and taking out those who have objected to taking part in the past), the first 60 or so would be:

marc71178 (maybe not keen?)
Mr Mxyzptlk
Craig
pasag
Langeveldt
BoyBrumby
GeraintIsMyHero
silentstriker
Simon
dontcloseyoureyes
Jono
Mister Wright
Neil Pickup
Nnanden
Matteh
Perm
Samuel_Vimes
Pratters
andyc
sledger
SJS
FaaipDeOiad
James
roseboy64
luckyeddie
vic_orthdox
steds
NZTailender
Prince EWS
chaminda_00
superkingdave
Athlai
age_master
Uppercut
Jamee999
Clapo
Matt79
Voltman
Scaly piscine
Sanz
Top_Cat
lord_of_darkness
_Ed_
tooextracool
Burgey
TT Boy
Tom Halsey
Son Of Coco
PhoenixFire
nightprowler10
adharcric
PY
alternative
pup11
honestbharani
Barney Rubble
Blewy
archie mac

Possible removals due to inactivity would be luckyeddie, lord_of_darkness and pup11. So, taking Richard and Goughy out, that's 55 potential starters.

Smudge

Oh no, resident bookie has been gazumped.
Pfft. Nothing wrong with a bit of competition. Besides, our NZ TAB is notoriously conservative, so I'll have the top 30 contenders at unders. You might as well have a crack at one.

Craig

World Traveller
Bloody hell, Craigos... It's VI man.

Battle one started on the 4th of May last year, so it's probably not unreasonable to start the preamble.

And, just in case he doesn't come on to say it, 16Tins will withdraw. And Goughy usually withdraws too, if he's still in absentia.
I actually got it right first time, but I put the title as 'BOTM VI', and then a mod edited the title, so blame the phantom mod :p

Last edited: