• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best and Worst Picks of the Round

morgieb

Think Patto and to a lesser extent Shah are a round too early
Yeah I'm willing to say there's like 7-8 better quicks than Patto. And a few bowling all-rounders for good measure.

Shah's a little bit different, but again a few other spinners are at least as good if not better.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I thought Yasir was an interesting pick in that Dan knew he couldn't get the best bat or the best quick, so he tried to get his advantage elsewhere. You can make an argument for spinners equally as good as Yasir, but he's by far the best leg spinner -- only Cremer out of all the other leggies in the world actually holds his place consistently. It wouldn't have been my pick but I can see the logic there.

I'm guessing Patto was just a bit of a fan pick, spurred on my "assume they aren't injured" comment in the info post. Assuming Patto isn't injured is a pretty glorious thought. Probably still a bit early but I reckon he's an easily justifiable Round 2 pick if not quite a Round 1-er, so I it'll work out fine. I don't imagine we'll be sitting around at the end of the season talking about how Patto flopped. Unless he gets sim-injured. :p

No horrible picks yet, although I guess there usually aren't in Round 1.

GoodAreasShane

I know Patto is a definite gamble, suspect he will either be an absolute weapon or fall over injured early, so pretty much like real life then.

Daemon

Yeah, I went first and was doing a toss up between Kohli, Philander and Cummins. Surprised they lasted that long although I guess people are picking favorites and such.

SillyCowCorner1

Yeah, I went first and was doing a toss up between Kohli, Philander and Cummins. Surprised they lasted that long although I guess people are picking favorites and such.
That's what R1 is for...

The strangest out of them all is the lack of SL players

Chewie

Spark picked the two players I had in mind for my next pick :( will get out of bed and pick shortly

morgieb

Taylor a pretty questionable pick for Round 2. Suppose there's not a lot of batting depth though.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
As a general rule people will pick their favourite player a round or two early in fear of others taking them. Taking that into account I was half expecting Phlegm to pick Ross in Round 1. He was never going to pass him up again in Round 2.

Daemon

Yeah Jadeja and Ashwin are nice pick ups in late round 2.

AB was by far the best available batsman imo. If he was available right now I'd pick him in a World XI without a second thought.