• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Black Clash 2019

Athlai

Not Terrible
---------------------------------------------------------

New Zealand’s biggest sporting stars against each other in a high-intensity, hugely fun T20 cricket match at Christchurch’s beautiful Hagley Oval on Friday January 25.

Stephen Fleming’s Team Cricket will be defending its honour against Sir Graham Henry’s Team Rugby, with a lifetime of bragging rights on the line for the victors.

Fleming has hand picked a team of veteran Black Caps stars, while Sir Graham has called upon All Blacks captain Kieran Read – who played premier cricket for Karaka aged just 15 - to lead the upstart Team Rugby’s charge.Each team will be packed with international sporting superstars keen to show off their talents with bat and ball.The leather, willow and a fair bit of banter will be flying at Hagley Oval in this summer sizzler.

Team cricket:

Stephen Fleming (c)
Aaron Smith (wild card)
Kyle Mills
Grant Elliott
Luke Ronchi
Nathan Astle
Chris Harris
James Franklin
Hamish Marshall
Liz Perry
Nathan McCullum

Team Rugby:

Kieran Read (c)
Brendon McCullum
Richie McCaw
Israel Dagg
Kaylum Boshier
Kendra Cocksedge
Jason Spice
Ali Williams
Beauden Barrett
Joride Barrett
Ofisa Tonu'u
David Hussey (wild card)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Honestly think this should be a genuine laugh.

Chewie

Yea I'm looking forward to it, I remember a similar sort of game played at the Basin a number of years back to be pretty fun

And it's being broadcast free with ACC commentary too

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah I rewatched a bit of the charity match at the Basin a few weeks ago. Hoping that the "Lome/Crowe" cup will mean this becomes an annual summer tradition.

jimmy101

Funny seeing BMac in the rugby XI. Did he play a bit of junior rugby back in the day or something?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Graham Henry also said something like Baz had played rugby in NZ more recently than cricket due to playing for a seniors club team recently.

Fuller Pilch

Shame Jeff Wilson isn't playing.

Kaylum Boshier captained NZ at the U19 CWC and then played for the Taranaki rugby team, Jason Spice played 1st class cricket and Super Rugby, while Israel Dagg, Kieran Read, and Jordie Barrett were all decent cricketers.

The Hutt Rec

Hussey and McCullum will have to score about 80% of the runs here I think. Otherwise it might be a rather tedious second innings.