• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bond will not sacrifice speed

Sanz

Bond is the most hyped cricketer of last 50 years. Pretty useless. NZ would be much better without him.

_Ed_

Turbinator said:
How can you get injured without doing anything, also what does the guy do for a living?
Not sure if he still is, but he used to be a cop.

Yes, really.

"Hey, you! Hold it right there!....ow...please, just wait a minute, let me get up. Ow, there goes my knee...."

JF.

sideshowtim said:
This is just ridiculous. Bond is stuck in a 90 year olds body bowling at 150km/h...I just don't think he was made for the game of cricket despite his excellent results so far.
Can't stay away from forums eh Timmy?

He's only missing one match but geez Louise, if this bloke trips over his shadow he will get injured....

Mr Mxyzptlk

Sanz said:
Bond is the most hyped cricketer of last 50 years. Pretty useless. NZ would be much better without him.
Agreed. Except for the bit where New Zealand would be better without him.

Mr Mxyzptlk

nightprowler10 said:
This reminds me of Akhtar and when he was being told by everybody and his uncle to cut his run up. In fact I was one of them. But then he comes back and takes 17 wickets against England and shuts everyone up.
...then got injured again.

sideshowtim

Banned
JF. said:
Can't stay away from forums eh Timmy?

He's only missing one match but geez Louise, if this bloke trips over his shadow he will get injured....
:( It's a serious problem...England were just losing so badly that I had to do something about it!

Sanz

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Agreed. Except for the bit where New Zealand would be better without him.
Well I know Bond, when fit, can be lethal and invaluable to any team. But the problem with him is he is never fit and NZ have got to move on and plan their team without him.

Natman20

We were a succesful team in odis without him IMO. With the likes of Tuffey and Mills we were still winning games but with him yes he does add another strike weapon but its not like the worlds over without him.

Sir Redman

****. Seriously, **** it. This is just ridiculous.

I knew that this was going to happen. We'd been repeatedly told how everyone was 100% fit for the tournament and it was just so obvious that someone was going to blow themselves up. I even said to my brother last night, "I bet we'll wake up in the morning to find that Bond's injured".

Currently they say that he's looking to play in our second game. Yeah right, we've heard that one before.

aussie

Sanz said:
Well I know Bond, when fit, can be lethal and invaluable to any team. But the problem with him is he is never fit and NZ have got to move on and plan their team without him.
easier said than done, i'm sure every side in the world if they had Bond would have the same dilemma, its very hard to forget about a player with such ability unless your are Australia probably.

JF.

Probably the best thing for NZ to do is plan their side without him and enjoy him as a bonus when he is fit.

Poker Boy

JF. said:
Probably the best thing for NZ to do is plan their side without him and enjoy him as a bonus when he is fit.
Agreed - and I think Fleming and Bracewell are too sensible NOT to plan their side without him.. It's the same with England and Simon Jones - potentiaaly a great bowler but never fit long enough to prove it.:(

Retox

Like everyone says it's good when he plays but we can win without him.

Also I guess if he played every game if he did get hurt we wouldn't know what to do, Glem McGrath in the ashes.

I still would like him to play though.

TT Boy

Is he going to play against Sri Lanka, Or is his next port of call England, 16th March , St Lucia?

Tim

By the sounds of it, he won't play. I heard the team manager say that because its not a must win game, they won't risk him.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
The fact that he gets injured all the time. He's one of my favourite bowlers to watch, but the absolute farcical nature of his injuries is highly amusing.

Probably less so for a Kiwi. But you guys don't play any cricket these days anyway.

Perm

Simon Doull made a point on Game of Two Halves the other night that Bond needs to "harden up" in a sense, he said bowling at this level at his pace he is going to be a little bit stiff after having a bowl. I firmly maintain that something should've been done a long time ago to strengthen the musclese in his back and side if that's the problem, it can't be his bones so it must be his muscles.