• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Breaking News: New CW XI Head Coach Instated

Mr Mxyzptlk

The Role of the Coach:

1. Observing players throughout the domestic and international circuits in preparation for CW XI senior cricket. The coach will be present at meetings of the Selection Panel, but will not have an official vote. In this way he participates in discussion but the ultimate decision is that of the selectors.

2. Overlooking training camps. The coach will organize drills, practice matches and general upkeep of players involved in the CW XI training camps which will be help before every major tour/series.

3. Interfacing with the media. The coach will hold a measure of accountability for the performance of the team, and the media will view him as the source of information regarding the team's progress. Press conferences should be held fairly regularly throughout major tours/series.

4. Tactical work with the captain. The coach will organize the teams tactical approach alongside the team captain. The captain will have the final say in execution of tactics, however.

Slats4ever

1. If he has no official vote, I think that the current selectors are more than capable of selecting good teams as they have done in the past.

2. How can it help with a computer simulation.

3. Fair enough but maybe the term "public relations officer" would be more suitable than being called "coach"

4. Can't this just be done by the captain and vice captain?

Another question is how was the coach selected?

and another point I think that the reason there is so much uncertainty about the decision is that it is seen as unfair that a regular joe off the streets of cricketweb can just magically walk into a position commanding so much respect and responsibility.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Slats4ever said:
1. If he has no official vote, I think that the current selectors are more than capable of selecting good teams as they have done in the past.

2. How can it help with a computer simulation.

3. Fair enough but maybe the term "public relations officer" would be more suitable than being called "coach"

4. Can't this just be done by the captain and vice captain?

Another question is how was the coach selected?

and another point I think that the reason there is so much uncertainty about the decision is that it is seen as unfair that a regular joe off the streets of cricketweb can just magically walk into a position commanding so much respect and responsibility.
1. Adds another opinion. Considering that half the Panel doesn't contribute to discussion in general, it'd be a help certainly.

2. Half the things done in CW Cricket are to enhance the gaming experience, because they don't directly affect the simulation. At the end of the day, it's still a simulator churning out results, but we can have fun around that premise.

3. No.

4. Most coaches have input in tactical considerations these days. It adds a bit of realism and a new dimension.

Richard was a regular joe. That was a mistake.
Pratyush is a former FC cricketer, and it's perfectly reasonable for a former cricketer to become a high profile coach. Bennett King never even played FC cricket.

Slats4ever

but bennett king was proven at a coaching level... shouldn't pratyush graduate or be tested at a developmental level like all us have to be before being given a spot in the CW XI

FaaipDeOiad

Slats4ever said:
but bennett king was proven at a coaching level... shouldn't pratyush graduate or be tested at a developmental level like all us have to be before being given a spot in the CW XI
Just to save Liam the time, quoted from his post earlier:

Pratyush Agarwal's Credentials:
- Bowling coach at the newly established Bahrain Cricket Academy of Cricket and Football, specializing in legspin.
- Co-founder of the Bahrain Cricket Academy of Cricket and Football.
- Coaching degree from the University of Western Australia.

Slats4ever

i'm aware of that but they're just made up. and i know that "made up" is what cwxi all is, but to give someone a position at the top of the cw tree needs some kind of experience etc... i'd much prefer someone to coach through the development league then get here.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Slats4ever said:
i'm aware of that but they're just made up. and i know that "made up" is what cwxi all is, but to give someone a position at the top of the cw tree needs some kind of experience etc... i'd much prefer someone to coach through the development league then get here.
According to the CW Universe, Pratyush has had experience coaching... in Bahrain. According to the CW Universe, Pratyush is qualified. Surely that's enough.

cricketboy29

slats, i understand where your coming from but if pratyush was to coach a cw domestic side, it would be even more useless, that having a coach for the international side. And coaching credentials are absolutely pointless in this kinda game, unless you introduce net sessions like in battrick, which thus induce a rise in form and skill.