• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Captain's Statement

Rich2001

After a lengthy consultation with nobody Rich2001 would like to take this opportunity to announce his retirement from the Cricket Web Forum X1 in all aspects Captain and player, at the end of the current VB Series in Australia.

It has been great while it lasted but with all this rebel tour raising it’s head in the last week it will just be impossible to continue.

“I feel that the this whole rebel tour is just a ploy by a few members to lay blame onto a Board member while really it seems they are just unhappy at not being selected themselves. Lord is a CO board member and as which he and Liam have to agree and even then Liam’s superiority of founder would have the final say, so to say Lord’s decisions have caused this all seems a tad unfounded”

“Therefore to blame one half for everything, while offering the other half a spot within the Rebels just doesn’t add up, along with stories changing weekly – when I was approached for a spot on the Rebels, it was Liam everyone was after now Lord – Make up your minds!”

“Talk of the Rebels re-joining the CW XI has also influenced my decision somewhat, this seems madness, they run off mid tour and cause chaos and expect just to walk back into the starting X1 in a few weeks time, if only Andy Flower and Henry Olonga had had this luxury. And at the end of the day where does it ever end I can’t captain a side where I know half the players might walk out just because I didn’t pick or bowl someone that day”

“Like I said at the start of this statement it has been a great honour and privilege to captain the Cricket Web XI and I wish Andrew every success as my successor but the time has come to leave what was a excellent game behind and concentre my time with Cricket Web and WCC.”

Rich2001 - Captain, Cricket Web XI

Mr Mxyzptlk

Breaking News

Liam Camps to Rich_2001:

"This certainly is an unfortunate announcement, but not unexpected. As co-president of the Board I beg of you to reconsider his decision. You are one of the best players and one of the best in the world. Added to that you have been an inspired captain and role model for the players. Please, at the very least confer with the Board and the rebels before you make a final decision."

Liam Camps to the Rebel XI:

"This is addressed to Neil Pickup or any other of the Rebel XI. I urge that you meet with the CWBCC and Rich in consideration of the whole matter in hope that we can reach a compromise out of this issue. This really has spiralled out of control more than I expected to a point where damage control is not sufficient. There must be a firm resolution to this issue unless the entire CW XI system is destroyed."

masterblaster

Sad to see you go Rich, you've been one hell of a captain. I hope that you will re-consider your decision to step down.

After the finish of the Rebel Tour, I as a player am willing to come back to the CW XI and resume my place with the side. Of course my performances must be the main and sole criteria that I am selected in the side.

In the past, selection procedures have been ludicrious and questionable, I will only come back and help the CW XI only IF the selectors and hierarchy will re-evaulate and re-design their selection procedures.

I sincerely would love to play on the upcoming tour of New Zealand and in the World Cup, but as a player I can atleast be assured of a place in the side, and be treated as a valuable team member, unlike in the past when all I have been is an out of place bystander.

I am willing and ready to let the past be the past, and look forward to a brighter future with my relationship with the CW XI, the selectors, the coach and the captain.

Awaiting your response.....

Langeveldt

Soutie
Rich2001 said:
and even then Liam’s superiority of founder would have the final say,

Liam is a highly valued member of the board of control, who puts a lot of time and effort into the show... Your work is appreciated by all..

But guess who the founder is? And guess what team he is playing for?

Rich2001

Re: Breaking News

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Liam Camps to Rich_2001:

"This certainly is an unfortunate announcement, but not unexpected. As co-president of the Board I beg of you to reconsider his decision. You are one of the best players and one of the best in the world. Added to that you have been an inspired captain and role model for the players. Please, at the very least confer with the Board and the rebels before you make a final decision."
As you asked so nicely ;)

But seriously the decision was taken more as a workload issue to be honest, I mean as you have seen I've managed about 3 post for the whole of this Australia tour.

I'll be more than willing to stay on, but you'll need to understand that I will be around if you need things but I have alot on at the momment with Work and with James/CW, so time will be spread about as much as possible.

I completely understand if you would perfer Andrew to take over as Cap' and myself just to play as a squad member, I understand you need involement from your key roles.

Like I say iam not going to just vanish but although I might be online, I could well be doing a few other bits so wont be able to give 100% time etc.

Anyway I best get back to James To-Do list before he noticed I've gone ;) ... 2 down just the 5 left now :rolleyes: :)

Mr Mxyzptlk

If your staying on with the CW XI means that you will have to relinquish the captaincy then so be it, but we need you onboard in some capacity.

Also, to clarify something...

I'm not the founder of the CW XI itself. That credit goes to Langeveldt and lord of darkness, but I would consider myself responsible for the revitalizing and evolution of a great idea.

EDIT: Upon reading over the above statement it does seem a little proud, but I assure that the intention was that of humilty. :)

Last edited:

Rich2001

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I'm not the founder of the CW XI itself. That credit goes to Langeveldt and lord of darkness, but I would consider myself responsible for the revitalizing and evolution of a great idea.
I know I was put right after my post, but I don't want to sound mean here I don't mean that, but I see CW XI as yours - It's you that does it all and the day to day running, simming, squad selections, stats, reseach etc (it appears that way anyway ;) )

Lord is around now and again to throw some ideas about but it's only you that I ever see regularly (Obviously the others might be alot more active behind the screens) - Lang' started off here alot, then vanished for ages and is now back and in and among things again but he never posts as if he is running things ie posting teams etc.

But I guess that is what makes a good manager, lets others do the work and rake in all the money for sitting in a office all day :lol:

In short I've been brain-washed and need a holiday! :lol:

Rich2001

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
If your staying on with the CW XI means that you will have to relinquish the captaincy then so be it, but we need you onboard in some capacity.
Iam more than happy to keep it, all iam saying is your need to understand that while I might be online I might not be able to give you 100% focus, eg if I was working on something with James etc while you was simming a game... I might not be able to give next over plans every single over.

Obviously all e-mails will be replied to at least daily (and more most times) - Just the above situation might be a problem, some not all of the times.

Andre

Rich2001 said:
“I feel that the this whole rebel tour is just a ploy by a few members to lay blame onto a Board member while really it seems they are just unhappy at not being selected themselves.

“Talk of the Rebels re-joining the CW XI has also influenced my decision somewhat, this seems madness, they run off mid tour and cause chaos and expect just to walk back into the starting X1 in a few weeks time, if only Andy Flower and Henry Olonga had had this luxury. And at the end of the day where does it ever end I can’t captain a side where I know half the players might walk out just because I didn’t pick or bowl someone that day”
IMO, that is completely and utterly uncalled for.

In fact, I take offense to that, and I'm sure most of my squad do also.

Blewy

Disspointed to see you go Rich, it was an honour to play under you and despite me leaving to the dark side i am grateful for your leadership....

On the matter of returning to the CWBCC, i am willing to do so but I believe things need to be met before this happens...

I feel that the CWBCC needs to create a team of selectors who have no outside interests (ie. There own spot in the side), This team should comprise of people who are either retired from CW XI cricket or are prepared to play Dev's Cricket and permanently relinquish their spot for the CW XI...

I also feel that the selectors should have as much responsibility on there heads if things go wrong, That way any favouritism would be harder to put in place as the results would be the key factor...

If these issues are cleared up then i will gladly and proudly return to the CW XI...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Blewy said:
I feel that the CWBCC needs to create a team of selectors who have no outside interests (ie. There own spot in the side), This team should comprise of people who are either retired from CW XI cricket or are prepared to play Dev's Cricket and permanently relinquish their spot for the CW XI...
Something of the sort is hopefully in the works.

Blewy

The issue is not a difficult one to work on, people just need to be prepared to compromise, and i can see in the future(just as was the case with WSC) the Rebel Tour will be a great thing for the game...

bugssy

i too hope that this gets rectified as soon as possible, and rich it was a pleasure to play underneath u as my skipper even if it was for a short time. i tooo would be happy to return to cwx1 more sooner than later,

wink wink nudge nudge, (who wants to book my flight home)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Re: Re: Captain's Statement

Andre said:
IMO, that is completely and utterly uncalled for.

In fact, I take offense to that, and I'm sure most of my squad do also.
I agree with Andre - that's not going to make the rebels any more likely to want to negotiate.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
NO !!! :( :( :( :( :(

Rich you've been a really awesome captain and a player and a friend, you retiring would be like the pre mature retiring if steve waugh left the aus team years back !
Please dont leave mate , its been really awesome to play under you.

I know things havent been the best lately but we are sorting things out slowly, hopefully..

Lord is around now and again to throw some ideas about but it's only you that I ever see regularly (Obviously the others might be alot more active behind the screens) - Lang' started off here alot, then vanished for ages and is now back and in and among things again but he never posts as if he is running things ie posting teams etc.
and im still staying here and lang is always open for talks and he was busy a lot last year so i think seeing him more now seems he is a bit more free.. and since he was one of the founding persons in this , i think him coming back on the board would be an appropriate move.

Blewy the positions are just like at the WCC were the founding member is on the top but here the positions are shared, and more might open up on the board to make the decisions even..

Blewy

lord_of_darkness said:

Blewy the positions are just like at the WCC were the founding member is on the top but here the positions are shared, and more might open up on the board to make the decisions even..
I agree that the board should be of the founding Members, but the board and the selection panel i feel should hold some type of different role.....
Im talking a panel who makes squad selections and thats it, they have no input on how the league etc is run....

Mr Mxyzptlk

If that is established then the Board must have power to over-rule selections, giving a valid reason of course.

Blewy

Yeah that is fair enough, but if a over-rule was made i feel that a reason would have to be given, which was acceptable...
Like i also said earlier i feel that the selectors(whoever they are) would also have to be accountable for their decisions, and if the team continued to perform badly under their selections then they can be sacked....

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
will put your comments into consideration thanks blewy.. if you can you should make it to the meeting aswell i think it would be 10 a.m aus time since you guys are 2 hours behind us..