• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket related stuff that doesn't really deserve a thread

SillyCowCorner1

Mohammad Ashraful handing over the test cap to Naeem Islam.
If only Naeem Islam were given the same amount of opportunities as Mahmudullah...

zorax

likes this
I thought being able to run a half marathon at a decent clip would be standard for an international fast bowler

Line and Length

I thought being able to run a half marathon at a decent clip would be standard for an international fast bowler
An interesting observation. While not remotely suggesting the term "international" applies to my personal experiences, I thought nothing of bowling 10-15 over spells (8 ball overs) as an opening bowler yet there is no way I could run a half marathon. I was more of a 400 metre runner (440 yards back then) who relished the rest at fine leg between overs.

I seem to recall that Michael Holding was a fine 400 metre runner. I wonder if his metabolism lent itself to half marathons.

SillyCowCorner1

The Jamaicans are not known as long distant runners. They can let out short bursts of speed. I believe that is traced back to the ackee (not true).

Flem274*

123/5
bowling is a bit more like shuttles than long distance running though. you get a break every six balls unless a righty and lefty are rotating the strike like the ****s they are and you get little breaks between balls.