• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web Premier League - sign up and general discussion

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Which Tuesday are you expecting this to take place?
I'm giving myself until the end of Tuesday, April 9th, 2019 to fix the bugs in the new sim.

If I succeed, I'll probably start simming immediately after doing such, or at the very latest Wednesday, April 10th, 2019.

If I fail, I'll start simming with the old simulator (but the new database) Wednesday, April 10th, 2019.

All times are given in Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time.

You can lock all that in. No mights or buts or non-specific days for that stuff. :p

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Usually when these things don't happen it's because I haven't updated the database properly, and after a while I lose enthusiasm for updating it properly to some point months in the past.

I spent about two years automatic most of the database updating process though, and along the way made the rating system much more complicated and accurate (probably even needlessly so given what we're using it for). It's been done since a week or so after the draft finished. I may be lazy and unreliable but I'm not lazy enough to waste that much of my own work. :p

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah, will still be today, or at the very latest the stupidly early hours of technically-tomorrow.

I've officially given up on having the new match engine ready, which means y'all should have taken my hint weeks ago when I gave you the option of using the other one. :p

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Need any help firing her up?

She has been successfully fired up. I'm currently in the process of manually entering standardised batting strike rights and bowling economy rates for players because the ITC text-to-DB function is glitchy and doesn't do that properly.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'd have actually taken that as a nice offer if you hadn't started the post with a condescending "look", but I'll give it a like of olive branchness anyway.

I've simmed a couple of games already. She has been officially fired up. Will post the lot when I've finished the round.