• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web Premier League - sign up and general discussion

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Look, if you have a database exportable in CSV send it over and i'll have some trials simmed by Sunday.
I'd have actually taken that as a nice offer if you hadn't started the post with a condescending "look", but I'll give it a like of olive branchness anyway.

I've simmed a couple of games already. She has been officially fired up. Will post the lot when I've finished the round.
On a more serious, less snarky note, I'd definitely be up for a future-season collab on this where I ran the draft and did the database but you simmed the games if you were keen. Especially if I can get my sim up to a standard that is without bugs and with an interface user-friendly enough for you to not grind your teeth at.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
The snark is reflex by this point, it's the only way CW keep the hopes up.

I think this is a useful distribution of the workload, however. To a glorious future for Cricket Web.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
To be entirely fair, the day people stop being snarky is often the day I stop bothering entirely, so you're probably doing the right thing. I spent so much time on the database this time - and actually finished it - that even I'd be fuming mad at myself if we didn't finish the season.

SillyCowCorner1

In Guyana we say, 'Don't dig the ants nest'.

Roughly translates to 'don't add fuel to the fire'.

I was watching the live stream of the Blackhole unveiling yesterday, and those guys had to deal with petabytes worth of data.

Flem274*

123/5
when was the cut off for our players? i'm guessing late 2018? trying to get a feel for how i should judge my players rather than thinking about how good they are irl now.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Players to have played all 9 matches but remain less valuable than Tuffey, who has played one:

Maher
Sriram
Onions
Haddin
Mendis
Chappell
Ntini
De Villiers
Benkenstein
Asif
Ponting
Chopra
Steve Smith
Prior
Rohit Sharma
Murali Kartik
Sinclair
Joyce
Read
Haider
Puttick

Players to have played all 9 matches but remain less than half as valuable as Tuffey, who has played one:

Rogers
Paine
Coulter-Nile
Tahir
Rossouw
I think about this post all the time. I can't believe it was eight years ago.