• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Battrick Cup (season 13)

andyc

Districts off to a very good start. :)
End of Over 17: 88-1, runrate=5.18
Hamilton 4-0-17-0
Dylan* 49 (54 balls)
Campbell 21 (21 balls)
Last Wicket: Keane c. Terry b. Canning 16 (FOW: 46/1)

Indeed. Slightly worrying, am definitely stronger in bowling than batting. Should hopefully reel it in in the next set of ten though.

andyc

End of Over 31: 136-1, runrate=4.39
Hamilton 6-0-20-0
Dylan* 76 (90 balls)
Campbell 42 (69 balls)
Last Wicket: Keane c. Terry b. Canning 16 (FOW: 46/1)

Potters and Niz dragged him back a bit, but I really need a wicket. I've got Canning and Potters bowling at the death so the last ten should bring a few wickets, but I could really do with at least one of these out soon.

andyc

End of Over 11: 50-0, runrate=4.55, reqrunrate=5.62 (268-4)
Lambert 6-0-35-0
Burger* 19 (31 balls)
Hurren 28 (36 balls)

Canning and Potters did a decent job keeping them down, but I still think it's about 30-40 runs too much. Solid start at least, I just need Burger to up his run rate a bit.

Edit:

End of Over 20: 100-0, runrate=5.00, reqrunrate=5.63 (268-4)
Shaka 5-0-16-0
Hurren* 51 (63 balls)
Burger 46 (58 balls)

Pretty sure this is my highest opening partnership this season, Hurren not doing his normal thing of batting way, way too slowly. Going amazingly well for a superb/strong batsman.

Last edited:

Jakester1288

I don't know who to support.

Just an onlooker. :p

Good batting here from Ponies, hopefully setting up to score quicker soon.

Yes, I am following this game on BT, FTR.

andyc

Wicket.

Terry is your best bat, right?
Yeah, Terry's my best, but he's only better than Burger by two levels of concentration (sens/mast vs. sens/sens). Terry can sometimes bat a bit too defensively though, hope that doesn't happen today. Canning coming in at 5 is my third best bat and he scores pretty quickly so I'm glad with the platform we've got atm.

Jakester1288

End of Over 38: 194-1, runrate=5.11, reqrunrate=6.25 (268-4)
Shaka 9-0-27-0
Burger* 89 (107 balls)
Terry 42 (49 balls)
Last Wicket: Hurren b. Mccammon 55 (FOW: 109/1)

Definitely time to get a move on. What were there settings?

Hopefully someone can attack and score quickly, and if it's not these two, one of them gets out.

andyc

Hmmm. Burger out, this makes it interesting. Not really expecting Tedstone to do much.

Edit: Jakester, was always going to be slowing down against his better bowlers. Our RR only got that high in the middle because Mccammon was bowling, who looks like a trainee and has pretty ordinary PFLs. Just need to keep wickets in tact for the last 10.

Last edited:

Jakester1288

And the following over Burger goes. Good knock, hopefully this cautious player with a 31k BT rating (what is he?) can lift the rate.

andyc

Tedstone really isn't much, he's only batting at 4 for me because I don't want Canning coming in too early. Will probably move down the order next season.

Hamish Tedstone - 28 yo, BT Rating=31,889
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler. He is a cautious player with feeble leadership skills and quality experience.
He currently has woeful batting form, superb bowling form and sublime fitness.
Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: strong Concentration: proficient
Bowling: quality Consistency: proficient
Fielding: mediocre

andyc

****. Tedstone goes and Canning follows the very next ball. Big wicket. Feeling pretty nervous now, hopefully Hamilton can do something.

Edit: Hamilton goes, heating up.

End of Over 46: 241-5, runrate=5.24, reqrunrate=7.00 (268-4)
Lambert 8-0-44-1
Terry* 66 (69 balls)
Griffin 1 (2 balls)
Last Wicket: Hamilton c. De beer b. Lambert 11 (FOW: 239/5)

And Terry out next ball! Smith should take this from here.

Last edited:

andyc

****. Maguire goes with me needing 15 to win. Kilkenny (prof/med) in now and he's the last of my batsmen, and is on very attacking. Could go either way.

Jakester1288

Epic match, went right down to the wire. Good chase in the end, good total set in the first dig too. Well done Andy!

Last edited: