• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CWPL trade discussion

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Athlai wants me to make strict trading rules and a set date, but **** that.

Trade rules are as follows:
- Make as many pre-season trades as you like, but there will be no mid-season trades. I'll close the trading window shortly before I start simming the trial games.
- If I suspect a trade has some sort of outside influence as part of the deal (eg. "trade me your Round 1 for my Round 16 and I'll mow your lawn") I'll just veto it and tell you to gagf.
- Both people have to confirm a trade in this thread for it to count.
- Trades have to be 1 for 1 or 2 for 2 or 3 or 3 etc - ie. you still have to finish with a squad of 16 after each trade.

Trade suggestions are as follows:
- Try not to trade away all your keeping options. I really don't want to be simming any games without wicket keepers this season.
- Keep in mind there will be injuries and it'll be a long season. You don't want an unbalanced squad for the sake of a slightly better best eleven.
- Don't be morgieb. Less trades are usually better.

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Fawad Alam
Tom Latham
Younis Khan
Faf du Plessis
Tim Paine (+)
Morne Morkel
Ishant Sharma
Mustafizur Rahman
Mahmudullah
Janneman Malan

People I would willingly trade. Let me know your offers ****s

Athlai

Not Terrible
Cribb wouldn't let me do that I suspect , a 2fer trade could work though. Faf + lower value opener or allrounder for Woakes/Gururumon + lower value middle order bat

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I was looking for like to like replacement of MO batters.
Athlai has some inside information about players he hasn't drafted, and the condition on that was that he'd only made trades to improve the balance of his team (ie. get more openers or more bowlers or whatever) rather than "like for like" trades that he'd basically just be using an unfair advantage to make.

So if you want Faf you'll have to offer him something other than a middle order bat.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Athlai has some inside information about players he hasn't drafted, and the condition on that was that he'd only made trades to improve the balance of his team (ie. get more openers or more bowlers or whatever) rather than "like for like" trades that he'd basically just be using an unfair advantage to make.

So if you want Faf you'll have to offer him something other than a middle order bat.
for a test run this thing has ridiculous regulations