• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do you want a lineup deadline for each round?

Should CPL selectors have a deadline from the last game of previous round?

• Yes -72 hours

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Athlai

Not Terrible
Cribb is reluctant to impose this sort of thing on anyone (or anything, bloody libertarian), but I suspect we may have unanimous assent on this. Should the selectors get a 48-72 hour window from the end of the last round to name their XI for the next one?

We're all busy people*, and I know if I **** off from the forum for a week or two, I don't want to hold up something like this for everyone else. Particularly when there is a decent chance that my previous XI could be used, or in event of an injury, where my replacement is obvious to Cribb.

By now I don't think any of us expect Cribb himself to be simming by any set schedule, but the last thing we need is the selectors holding it up when he does make the time for this. So lets set a hard deadline for us so we can increase the chance Cribb graces us with the glories of simulated cricket.

*this post is inspired by the trials still being open because we waited several days for bloody Dan to login to CW. Get less of a life FFS.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'd be all for this if there weren't injuries, but I don't really like having to name someone's replacement. It tanks the immersion a bit for me.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
If we did have one I'd be keen to dock teams ladder points for missing it too, otherwise you end up encouraging a culture of "eh I'll just leave it and cop what Cribb gives me in 48 hours", which can sometimes perversely actually slow things down as they'd otherwise name lineups more quickly.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I'd be all for this if there weren't injuries, but I don't really like having to name someone's replacement. It tanks the immersion a bit for me.
We could also have a selector that isn't you tbf. Magrat or zorax or somebody could definitely be trusted with naming XIs to the best of their abilities if the selector goes MIA. I know I'd always be pretty comfortable with Chewie or Howe naming my XI in my absence too. Though it might get complicated if we select other team coaches.

Athlai

Not Terrible
If we did have one I'd be keen to dock teams ladder points for missing it too, otherwise you end up encouraging a culture of "eh I'll just leave it and cop what Cribb gives me in 48 hours", which can sometimes perversely actually slow things down as they'd otherwise name lineups more quickly.
1st offense - warning, 2nd and 3rd offense - dock a point, 4th offense - dock 2 points, 5th offense - new team owner

Daemon

Set up a telegram group imo. Can remind each other and also talk **** about people off forum.

Dan

Global Moderator
Fully on board given the days I don’t check CW will almost certainly coincide with simming days again.

Shri

I'll just have what if scenarios in my team thread

If a batsman is injured: x

if pacer is injured: y

if an AR is injured: z

etc