• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England fans - who do you want to win?

Which semi-finalist do the England fans want to win the World Cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Evermind

Who I'd like to win:

1) NZ
2) SL
3) SA
4) some other team already knocked out that qualifies miraculously through a doping scandal
5) Ziggy Stardust and the spiders from mars
6) France
7) Burundi
8) My mum's kitty party league
856) Geoffrey Boycott's mum's team
976553) Australia

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Scaly - nothing more boring than watching Collingwood and Bell bat together..

I wouldn't say NZ are that dull though. Perhaps you could comment on whether you find these guys dull?

Fleming - one of the most classical batsmen going round

Taylor - NZs most exciting young batsman since Macca

Macca - tbh there is nothing dull about Macca

Oram - I agree that his bowling is dull, but his batting is anything but.

McCullum - An attacking lower order player who recently scored the fastest world cup 50.

Bond - probably the best ODI bowler going around at the moment...

Fulton, Styris, Franklin, Gillespie, Vettori, Patel, Mason, Marshall aren't anything special though, I agree.
Fleming is ok, but he's a bit more of a walk down the pitch and slug it type player these days. Taylor is a bit of a slogger as far as I'm concerned. Macca slogs as often as he hits a proper cricket shot for 4 - his bowling is obviously dull. Oram's batting is incredibly tedious apart from the very occasional innings where he goes berserk. McCullum is worth watching whether wicket-keeping or batting. Bond has been dull to watch lately because he just bowls it fast medium on a line and length all the time, he's obviously one of the best bowlers around but that's still dull.

Basically I just find a lot of the NZ batting 'ugly' which gets boring when you keep seeing it over and over throughout the lineup. There's just not much invention or flair. South Africa aren't much better. At least with England you've got some quality shots from Strauss and obviously KP (occasionally even Flintoff, Vaughan and Trescothick). It's not so much a problem if you're a NZ fan I imagine, but NZ is down the list as far as teams I'd watch for entertainment value go.

jot1

More of a stuck one IMO, though I'd love to break it personally.
:thumbup:

Who I'd like to win:

1) NZ
2) SL
3) SA
4) some other team already knocked out that qualifies miraculously through a doping scandal
5) Ziggy Stardust and the spiders from mars
6) France
7) Burundi
8) My mum's kitty party league
856) Geoffrey Boycott's mum's team
976553) Australia
:laughing: