• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

england have scarred Australia

TNT

Banned
Should Australia be worried.

Ashes 2017: England Have Left 'Scars' On Australia, Says Trevor Bayliss

England coach Trevor Bayliss says his team left "a few scars" on Australia in the Adelaide Test, suggesting the home side's second innings batting performance will have some players feeling "nervous". The fighting talk came after England slumped to a crushing 120-run defeat in the second Ashes Test at Adelaide, leaving the tourists trailing 2-0 and on the verge of losing the five-Test series. Despite succumbing again, Bayliss was upbeat about his bowlers skittling Australia for 138 in the second innings, leaving England with a chance of chasing down a record 354-run victory target.

"We have got a few scars there with the Australian team," he told the BBC.

"There will be a few who have missed out and a few who will be nervous."

"They've got four good bowlers and we've shown we can compete with them for a period of time. We've just got to do it for longer."

S.Kennedy

'Scarred'. Hyperbole, although according to Smith he was on sleeping tablets before the fifth day such was his nerves, so maybe there is some truth to it?

stephen

"England have scarred Australia"

What, did they come into the Australian dressing room and cut them?

Victor Ian

They could learn a lot from me. I got beat last week and had a couple of good shots. One almost took one of the oppositions face out. Am I deceiving myself that I have scarred them for our next matchup? No! I got beat by a superior team and know they were better players and that I have a way to go to be on the same level.

Lesson for sports psychiatry....Go back to the suburbs, be real and accept your lot in life. Then you can still enjoy losing when you've played well for some periods.

S.Kennedy

I don't think Bayliss gives two shits personally. Probably is more looking forward to the one-day series.

Woodster

Not sure 'scarred' is the right way to put it, we've maybe 'cut' a few but isn't unreasonable to think they those incisions may have healed by the time Perth comes around with the axeing of a player or two. I'm sure we are carrying far more casualties with more severe mental wounds.

vcs

Is he talking about Starc's face?

That's more due to his diet and not using Clearasil as a teenager.

flibbertyjibber

Given them a paper cut maybe, or more likely a chinese burn. Going to look very silly when the series has been lost after 3 and a half days in Perth.

Red Hill

The artist formerly known as Monk
What about the scarring we have given them by heading into the third test 2/0 and only needing one more win to clinch the series?

FFS

Adders

tbh, the only scarring that I can see on either side is on Mitch Starcs face.

We win.