• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England vs New Zealand, 1st Test at Lord's

HeathDavisSpeed

Is there just one CricketWeb Commentary channel? At some point we might need at CWC2, especially if there are any live streams of associate cricket, cos I'll be happy to commentate on those, even if I have to go solo.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I listened for around 15 minutes. Even in that, felt Smudge was awesome. Was constantly reminded of the Perks and Recreation guy for some reason.

Smudge

Beware, with all this positive feedback, I may join in when I return pissed from dinner, drinks and karaoke tonight. It may be the night when I disgrace myself.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Well you need a mic to commentate obviously. You can listen/participate in the chat though.

Does your iPad not have a mic?

hendrix

Beware, with all this positive feedback, I may join in when I return pissed from dinner, drinks and karaoke tonight. It may be the night when I disgrace myself.
think i'll join you tonight.

we can do a walk off too if you're down.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Well you need a mic to commentate obviously. You can listen/participate in the chat though.

Does your iPad not have a mic?
Yeah in built one. The mic was irrelevant really not sure why I mentioned it as I can Skype on it. Really I just wanted to know if anyone has done it on an iPad so far and what the quality is like if so.

Flem274*

123/5
Can c me for tonight if you're willing to put up with me. You'll be pleased to hear I discovered skype pre-installed on my 2011 laptop and I've given my laptop built in mic a run on voice recorder and while the sound quality isn't as good as Spark or Smudge's devices it's not terrible. Little bit of echoey feedback stuff even with headphones.

kinda sounds like there is wind in the background but that might just be the rain.

Last edited:

Dan

Global Moderator
I find that laptop fans are often the worst for background noise; always close to the mic and loud as ****.

Whenever I was playing Civ V with friends on Skype they'd complain that it sounded like a 747 was taking off right next to my computer.

Zinzan

Enjoying flicking between Sky, TMS & CW commentary. Quality stuff.

Of the day's combined commentary, my top 4 commentators were;

1) Boycott - TMS
2) Hussain - SKY
3) Smudge - CWC
4) Blofeld - TMS

Smudge

Enjoying flicking between Sky, TMS & CW commentary. Quality stuff.

Of the day's combined commentary, my top 4 commentators were;

1) Boycott - TMS
2) Hussain - SKY
3) Smudge - CWC
4) Blofeld - TMS
I'm probably a better leggie than all three of those ****s, too. Common sense prevailed and I went straight to bed last night after getting home.