• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Extreme deification of the armed forces..

Burgey

I will be interested* to hear D/L's view as to whether it's acceptable to punch Nazis in the face.

*in the same morbid sort of way I'm curious to know what motivates a family annihilator

D/L

yeah nah i've seen enough women in combat sport to be fairly confident that if there were ever a need for mass recruitment in new zealand, a bucketload of girls would be signing up. i think men underestimate just how many women love a good fight.

and if they meet the fitness requirements and pass basic training, full power to them.
That's a big "if" unless, of course, standards are tailored. However, on the battlefield, no allowances would be made.

Flem274*

123/5
That's a big "if" unless, of course, standards are tailored. However, on the battlefield, no allowances would be made.
noted field of putting inclusiveness above pragmatism, the armed forces.

there's chix in the army who could smash you. sorry bro.

have you ever trained combat sport with a girl? pro v pro, the male will always win, and everything is certain until someone ducks into a knee.

Bijed

I've sort of come to believe that the human need for identity and the human need to have an outgroup to feel superior to are both fixed, and the best we can do is have identities that don't lead to violence and outgroups that at least vaguely deserve it.
Yeah, sort of like how all of us one here know we're superior to Cricsim and PlanetCricket posters

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Modern battles are being fought in hand-to-hand combat mode, apparently
In all seriousness, weren't there a significant number of soldiers reporting the surprising amount of hand to hand combat they had to do in Iraq? I think it was mostly with clearing buildings.

Burgey

Heading to the States in September, and if I have to give up a seat on a domestic carrier just because some jarhead has done seven tours in the 'ghan, I'll be mightily pissed off.

D/L

In all seriousness, weren't there a significant number of soldiers reporting the surprising amount of hand to hand combat they had to do in Iraq? I think it was mostly with clearing buildings.
Indeed; less recently in the Falklands too. It's something that will always need to be trained for in soldiering and requires, amongst other things, as much speed and strength as can be mustered.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Is that what they are doing? Most seem to be in denial of reality, including yourself, a conclusion reached not only through perusal of this thread.
yeah, so I checked, and turns out you're a bag of **** with legs

D/L

yeah, so I checked, and turns out you're a bag of **** with legs
It's hardly surprising that you would descend to this level but such comments say far more about those who utter them (and those who "like" them) than they do of their targets.