• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fardingham Cockatoos

cricketboy29

Sorry about the lack of the involvement. Skills to follow.

Pint Pouring: 5
Cocktail Shaking:2
Small Talking:5
Bar Cleaning:0
Atmosphere Ambiencing:0

HeathDavisSpeed

Sorry about the lack of the involvement. Skills to follow.

Pint Pouring: 5
Small Talking:5
Maximum of 10 BarStar points - thus I have adjusted you down to :

Pint Pouring: 4
Small Talking:4

HeathDavisSpeed

BarStar Quarter Finals

With a place in the team and a spot as Fardingham Vice Captain up for grabs, the Quarter Finals of the Fardingham BarStar challenge took place on a no-expense-spared weekend at Fardingham Headquarters.

A shameful incident happened in the tie-of-the-round between Raftery and Kearsley as an opposition player attempted to scupper the tournament; whilst the Ritchie vs Wright tie saw an overwhelming victory for one player, despite an unexpected visit.

Semi Finals to be drawn shortly.

New Records:

Most Pints Poured - Z. Ritchie (352)
Most Uncoordinated - K. Wright (15 pints spilled)
Most Amusing - K. Wright (86 anecdotes told)
Ladies' Man - C. Raftery (9 phone numbers obtained)
Most Fun - J. Robertson (98 pool tokens sold)

Attachments

Perm

Not doing too flash with the skirts. Chatted up 53 and got one number.

Pleased with my pouring ability though.

HeathDavisSpeed

Semi Final Draw

Ritchie vs Dauth
Kearsley vs Malone

May have the results up today if I can be arsed. Otherwise, they'll be up on Monday.

HeathDavisSpeed

BarStar Semi Finals

Shocking allegations abound after the latest round of BarStar challenges. One barman may find himself in the dock for breaking more than just the local by-laws, whilst suffering from the biggest defeat in BarStar history at the same time!

Just who will make it through to the final, to find out who will be the Fardingham Vice Captain... Watch this space.

Attachments

HeathDavisSpeed

Proposed Fardingham Lineup

Hi guys... Have a look at the proposed line up below and let me know if you'd like any revisions. de Bruyn comes in for the opening game, but Nayak will definately get some game time.

In other news, can anyone tell me who our keeper is??

Batting

Malone
Robertson
Dauth
Ritchie (6)
Mamesh (wk)
Raftery
Kearsley (5)
de Bruyn (3)
Weber (4)
Wright (2)
Davis (1) (c)

Bowling

Davis overs 1,3
Wright overs 2,4,6,8
de Bruyn overs 5,7
Weber overs 9,11,13
Ritchie overs 10,12
Kearsley overs 14,16

IF spinners performing well:

Weber over 15
Ritchie over 17,19
Kearsley over 18
Davis over 20

IF seamers performing well (or spinners going for plenty)

Kearsley over 19
de Bruyn overs 15,17
Davis over 18,20

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Mamesh keeps wicket and Rob Dauth may be capable of everything.

Such detailed bowling instructions won't work with VC4 unfortunately. Bowling order is the best I can offer you.

HeathDavisSpeed

Mamesh keeps wicket and Rob Dauth may be capable of everything.

Such detailed bowling instructions won't work with VC4 unfortunately. Bowling order is the best I can offer you.
Thanks Liam... That's a shame about the bowling orders... Can I even choose two scenarios? I'm guessing not - in which case the bowling order is:

Davis (1)
Wright (2)
de Bruyn (3)
Weber (4)
Ritchie (5)
Kearsley (6)

If there's a difference in wickets - a spinning one vs. a seaming one, then make sure Weber and Ritchie get full 4 over complements on a spinning deck and Kearsley takes on a larger role on a non-spinning one... If that's possible.

Perm

Pleased to move into the final of BarStar, not overly surprised by the behaviour of the lady in question either ITBT.

HeathDavisSpeed

BarStar Final

Coming soon..

Mr. Sheen vs. The Big PerV

Can the man who keeps Fardingham's bar cleaner than clean defeat the man with an eye for the Ladies and the world's biggest Rolodex in which to keep their numbers?

Can a man who's been involved in controversy throughout the tournament (Ritchie) defeat a man with the World Record First Pint Average?

Kearsley has yet to put a foot wrong all tournament, whilst Ritchie's showboating bar style has wow-ed pundits and upset the Tabloids.

Who will win the competition and the Coveted Vice Captaincy position??? Stay tuned to find out as the Fardingham Bible Network provides live coverage of this auspicious occasion.

HeathDavisSpeed

The First Hour

Welcome to live uninterrupted coverage of the BarStar final. Coming to you, beamed directly from the Fardingham Sports Bar.

A big crowd has come out to witness this occasion. A small child holds a banner proclaiming "Malone iz inosent!". Of what, this commentator can't say for fear of being held in contempt of court.

So, Ritchie and Kearsley take up their positions on opposite sides of the room. Ritchie tips a wink to a teenage blonde in the crowd who swoons into a heap on the floor. Ritchie is loving the adulation here.

The doors of the bar swing open and in walks master of ceremonies Heath Davis. He announces the bar OPEN and the masses make their way in. Is that shamed former Development League player Kexing Su at the back there? I think it is, and he makes a beeline straight to Kearsley, who pours him a pint with aplomb.

On the other side of the room, Ritchie is regailing a clutch of young beauties with the tale of when he fell asleep hugging the toilet bowl, dreaming of Adam Gilchrist. What's this? Su has split his pint all over Kearsley's mahogany bar stool! Kearsley dashes round with a chamois leather and a can of Pledge and the spill's soon gone.