• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fast bowling mega thread

SillyCowCorner1

I remember during my Under-15 days I would model my action in the mold of Mervyn Dillon-Reon King...and Makhaya...

Excellent front on actions

trundler

Ntini is easy to do but side on works best for me. Actually rushed and hit someone the other day.

andmark

I never noticed how nice Brett Lee's action was. Despite bowling at an extreme pace, it still looked smooth and controlled. The video below is a the usual sort of gem from Robelinda. It shows Lee bowling at a huge pace, but getting swing and accuracy with it. The video also has a bonus McGrath over. Elite bowling.

Last edited:
Hi team.

Curious how long it takes for people to get their line and length right in a game.

I am playing a bit of 20 20 and find I am bowling at least 1 wide and at least 1 full toss in my first over or two.

This is particularly problematic given i am only ever given a maximum of two overs per game if I'm lucky.

Hi team.

Curious how long it takes for people to get their line and length right in a game.

I am playing a bit of 20 20 and find I am bowling at least 1 wide and at least 1 full toss in my first over or two.

This is particularly problematic given i am only ever given a maximum of two overs per game if I'm lucky.

Daemon

Little well known cheat codes for swing bowling (if you really can’t get the wrist to go at will)

Come really side on and finish with your bowling arm on the outside of the left thigh (right handers)

Front on flintoff style, finish on the inside of your thigh (:naughty:) for inswing. Come over the wicket and wide of the crease, pitch it full to get batsmen falling over like idiots. You’ll get it wrong and bowl wides or get tucked away occasionally though.

Mine always gets worse throughout a spell so I couldn't tell you.
cheers. I was bowling ok but then the captain didn't bowl me for ages and now my confidence is at an all time low i.e. bowling ground grubbers in a game.

Its bizarre and embarrassing but I am averaging 50 with the bat so will just concentrate on my batting I guess.

jimmy101

Hi cricketuser123, I'd advise warming up in the nets for about 15 mins beforehand. If the captain has the team out doing warmups before the start of the game, just ask them if you can do some extra bowling warmups, I'm sure they won't have a problem with that.

Usually you just need to get your rhythm in working order beforehand and you should be able to zero in once you're out on the pitch mid game.

Although, to be fair, bowling only two overs is a difficult task for anyone. Hardly any time to build up any sort of rhythm.

stephen

I never noticed how nice Brett Lee's action was. Despite bowling at an extreme pace, it still looked smooth and controlled. The video below is a the usual sort of gem from Robelinda. It shows Lee bowling at a huge pace, but getting swing and accuracy with it. The video also has a bonus McGrath over. Elite bowling.

Brett Lee had every single physical attribute needed to become Malcolm Marshall's second coming. It's just that in tests at least he demonstrated a typical fast bowlers intellect.

He had an incredible action and very good control. Ther problem was always that he didn't think about setting up batsmen properly. When plan A didn't work (bowl fast), plan B was always bouncer-Yorker.

McGrath was virtually the opposite. A brilliant fast bowling mind in the body of a medium pacer.

trundler

Having trouble catching a sprint smoothly. Sometimes I feel like I'm struggling to reach the crease and the ball comes out haphazardly. Dunno what I'm doing wrong in those instances but what constitutes a nice, smooth run-up?

jimmy101

Sounds like you need to shorten your run up bro. One good piece of advice I once received was that you should jog into the crease at about 70%, and then really run in really hard for those last few steps.