• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Favourite Euros

Lillian Thomson

This is my favourite Euros by far at this stage. LT is just bitter and English.
Not at all. I said it was the worst England squad ever when it was announced. I expected a shambles and got it. Apart from the opening day of the round of 16 matches I've enjoyed it.

Uppercut

Not at all. I said it was the worst England squad ever when it was announced. I expected a shambles and got it. Apart from the opening day of the round of 16 matches I've enjoyed it.
Oh okay, got the impression from your other post that you thought everyone found the whole thing boring except the Welsh.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah it wasn't great but I think for everyone but England it was redeemed by Iceland.
I thought the first half was probably a cracker from a neutral POV and then the end result absolutely, but across eight games I don't think much else will linger in the memory

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I thought the first half was probably a cracker from a neutral POV and then the end result absolutely, but across eight games I don't think much else will linger in the memory
Isn't this a bit like saying "if we discount the memorable bits it won't be memorable" though?

vcs

Been loads of fun. But somehow feel like the group stages were better than the knockout matches so far. Expecting Germany vs. Italy to change that.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Isn't this a bit like saying "if we discount the memorable bits it won't be memorable" though?
I think you have misunderstood me (which makes sense given your lack of intelligence). I'm saying outside England V Iceland not an awful lot will stick in my mind. There were some excellent performances, as Furball said, but these didn't really make for great games.

That being said I never got to see Spain-Italy but it sounded a corker on the radio

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Thought tonight's game was pretty great in all honesty. 2 very good, evenly matched sides that did a lot to negate and cancel each other out without being deliberately defensive. Just a high quality match all over the park.

wpdavid

It generally comes down to the semis and final. However good the earlier games have been, tournaments aren't regarded as memorable if the final three matches are boring.

Uppercut

It generally comes down to the semis and final. However good the earlier games have been, tournaments aren't regarded as memorable if the final three matches are boring.
Yeah this is kind of true, although I usually enjoy the group stages the most. Bit of a gap between what you actually enjoyed at the time and how good you remember it being.

vcs

Very rarely are semifinals and finals exciting matches... I guess Germany-Brazil 7-1 was enjoyable in a certain way. But teams that are good enough to get to that stage are going to be cagey and hard to score against.