• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Football/soccer draft

jimmy101

Ok. After having a think, my final verdict is that sledger & Dan need to repick. AndrewB's Di Stefano selection will revert to an Argentine pick, & I think now we can finally move on to round 11.

Dan

Global Moderator
Boo! If my back-up of David Silva (Canary Islands) is also invalid, I'll take Pogba (France).

jimmy101

Boo! If my back-up of David Silva (Canary Islands) is also invalid, I'll take Pogba (France).
:laugh: I feel like I'm robbing you guys of all of this research. Kudos on having these aces up your sleeves. Guess David Silva would also be invalid by virtue of the same rule, so looks like you've netted Pogba.

jimmy101

sledger - Christiano Ronaldo, Franco Baresi, Ronaldinho, Steven Gerrard, Pavel Nedvěd, Gabriel Batistuta, N'Golo Kante, Ronald Koeman, Oliver Khan
jimmy101 - Pelé, Eusébio, Gianluigi Buffon, Ruud Gullit, Sol Campbell, Fernando Hierro, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Johnny Carey, Eric Cantona
fredfertang - Johan Cruyff, Danny Blanchflower, John Charles, Stanley Matthews, Fabio Cannavaro, Nílton Santos, Carles Puyol, Luis Suárez, Berti Vogts, Fabian Barthez
BoyBrumby - Diego Maradona, Bobby Charlton, Gareth Bale, Gerd Müller, Thierry Henry, Cafu, Graeme Souness, Giuseppe Bergomi, David de Gea, Frank de Boer
Dan - Lionel Messi, Neymar, Manuel Neuer, Kevin De Bruyne, Miralem Pjanić, Diego Godín, Mohamed Salah, Jordi Alba, Giorgio Chiellini, Paul Pogba
AndrewB - Alfredo Di Stéfano, Franz Beckenbauer, Paolo Maldini, Xavi Hernández, Roy Keane, Zico, Duncan Edwards, Ruud Krol, Pat Jennings, Lilian Thuram
mr_mister - Zinedine Zidane, Ronaldo, Philipp Lahm, Petr Cech, Ryan Giggs, Rio Ferdinand, Sergio Ramos, Roberto Baggio, Ruud Van Nistelrooy, Luís Figo
OverratedSanity - Ferenc Puskás, Michel Platini, Alessandro Nesta, Peter Schmeichel, Frank Rijkaard, Luka Modrić, Paul Breitner, Garrincha, Gheorghe Hagi, Roberto Ayala
Johnners - Lev Yashin, George Best, Michael Laudrup, Elías Figueroa, Daniel Passarella, Gunnar Nordahl, Giacinto Facchetti, József Bozsik, Djalma Santos, Grzegorz Lato
GIMH - Dennis Bergkamp, Bobby Moore, Patrick Viera, Andrés Iniesta, Lothar Matthäus, Ivo Viktor, Romário, Eden Hazard, José Leandro Andrade, Paul McGrath

Right-o, onto the final round. There will be no draft order, rather this is a free-for-all round which will commence in 12 hours.

Round 11 countdown

Once the countdown expires, the round will be live and anyone can make their pick when ready.

Sledger also has his R10 pick to catch up on (sorry!).

Last edited:

Dan

Global Moderator
Couldn't find a way to confirm if David Silva actually played tbf. He was definitely called up in 2007, but can't find anything beyond the match existing to tell whether he actually accepted the call/played in the match.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha, will pick this up at the end, cbf to rethink things atm. Majority of my last few picks were premised on the belief that I'd be abe to have Lizarazu as Basque, would have picked pretty differently had I known.

jimmy101

The countdown still shows 2 hours and 45 minutes left for me.
Yeah I kinda botched it by not checking the box which stops the countdown at zero.

2 hours and 50 minutes have actually elapsed since the countdown reached zero. And so the round is now live.

mr_mister

Sami Hyypia (Finland)

lineup (1).png

Bit of a funky formation, hard to fit in both Baggio and Zidane

Last edited:

AndrewB

George Weah (Liberia)

Final XI: Jennings; Thuram, Beckenbauer, Maldini, Krol; Xavi, Keane, Zico, Edwards; di Stefano, Weah