• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Football stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

andruid

Watching Kenya's home AfCON qualifier against Togo on our beloved exists for the sake of it national broadcaster. Having been absent for the entirety of the 1st half he has variously called the opposition Ghana, Senegal and Ivory Coast.

Lillian Thomson

David Duckinfield found Not Guilty 30 years after Hillsborough. My guess would be a civil lawsuit will follow where the burden of proof is many times smaller.

andmark

David Duckinfield found Not Guilty 30 years after Hillsborough. My guess would be a civil lawsuit will follow where the burden of proof is many times smaller.
I'll defer to the legal experts on CW what happens now, but I'm just registering my disgust that after 30 years, a cover up and blame being put on the fans themselves, there hasn't been a conviction for the unlawful killings of 95 people, plus the extra one who died years later.

D/L

For him to take all the responsibility related to the tragic events at Hillsborough that day would have seemed harsh. Many others had some responsibility but will never be asked to face up to it.

I suppose there may be some civil action in preparation.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
snø.jpg
The Norwegian cup final is today, the local football bobos were unable to remember what the weather is usually like in December when making the fixture list

andmark

I just watched (only intended to watch the intro) Bob Paisley's "This is Your Life". Great show. Matt Busby's appearance was particularly great.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I see the FA voted for Colombia's bid as part of a European bloc vote, despite the ANZAC proposal scoring 4.1 out of 5 in a FIFA evaluation report compared to Colombia's 2.9.

I thought this thing wasn't supposed to happen, post Brexit??!? :-O

Back off Brussels!

andruid

AfCoN postponed to January 2022, women's edition scrapped to be replaced with a Women's African champions league.