• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

From the Pavilion

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Anyone still playing? Might be neat to get a friendly league going if we have enough.

In other news, threw the virtual cricket bat at the dressing room door after starting today first ahead on RR only to finish second because of run rate, as team that was second had a final round match against number 8 whereas I played number 4. Sigh.

morgieb

I do. Both my sides are Top 200 in the world, alas my affiliate's still in Div 3 as I switched countries not that long ago and there were a couple of other sides just as good in that division (I also let go quite a few of my better players in order to get more cash in, and now have a significant age problem coming up)

zorax

likes this
logged in today because I got a message that my membership (to a side I forgot I even had) had expired

Saw the sad news

RIP :(

Mike5181

Cancer sucks man. FTP was great to me as well, so many hours of entertainment just from following my matches and stuff. I think I stuck with it for a good 6-7 years or something crazy.

RIP Ashario.

morgieb

When you consider he had a young family too....I don't know what to say. Just horrible news all round.

zorax

likes this
Some interesting changes in the pipeline for the new season that starts end of this month, if anyone is interested in returning to the game.

I've somehow hung on to my spot in Div 3 of all formats despite having a young, inexperienced squad and doing jack all. Working on a bit of a long-term development plan now. Loads of cash in reserve, like 6 million, so gonna invest in my academies and try to work the home-grown approach for a bit. See where that takes me.

Robot Koalas CC if anyone is interested in a friendly.

morgieb

Yeah I ran out of money trying to effectively run a good Senior and Youth team, so am basically going for the full farm approach for my affiliate while ignoring Youth progression for my Main.

My sides = Inner Western Wombats/Southern Squirrels.

Mike5181

I just got bored of developing all of these great players and then getting ****ed when they are all taken away for internationals.