• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Grade Cricket Season XIV?

David

International 12th Man
Any information on this beast?

The old system had 12 teams:
Campsfield Braves
Davistow Darters
Edfield Seahawks
Fitzworthingham Broncos
Garven Island Sharks
Gofftown Tigers
Greater Robbham de Grooters
Maddington Frenzy
Nixonstown Foxes
Pickford Panthers
Stedingham Jets
Twybridge Titans

I think that this is probably a reasonable amount for the players we have in Dev League, but would suggest that the teams be divided into two separate conferences to split the workload of simming 6 matches a day. If we have two simmers that's only three a day, without having to worry about swapping databases and other crazy business. At the end you have the finals 1st ConfA vs 2nd ConfB & 1st ConfB vs 2nd ConfA. Simple. Probably .

I've had a look at our trusty map and have defined two rough conferences which I have imaginatively called East & West.

East comprises of:
Edfield Seahawks
Fitzworthingham Broncos
Gofftown Tigers
Greater Robbham de Grooters
Maddington frenzy
Nixonstown Foxes

Which leaves West with the rest:
Campsfield Braves
Davistow darters
Garven Island Sharks
Pickford Panthers
Stedingham Jets
Twybridge Titans

Also I prefer the old system to a feeder club system which has been suggested, would would take away the flavour of grade in my opinion. If we were to implement a feeder club system we'd have to cull two teams (Fitzworthingham & Maddington, as they're the two newest additions if I recall correctly) however that would make life easier for selecting sides.

Obviously if we take a conference system we'd require two dedicated people to sim all the matches. I'd love to help but history has shown me to be a complete **** when it comes to actually simming games.

Discuss. Grade is awesome.

Mr Mxyzptlk

I'll leave this to my better half, as Håkon is the one who's responsible for Grade at this stage. Tbh I was always a bit clueless about how it ran, despite being one of the first people to bring it up, IIRC.

Shocking revelations.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I would help but I don't have the time for it really. Considering Morkeh has simmed about 5 games in 2 seasons, he should do at least one conference.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Tentatively offering to help with the simming. I'll be simming a ****load of games for about five competitions elsewhere though so it might not be the greatest idea. I'm definitely up for the stats tracking, however.

superkingdave

ah, brings back memories of how poor us sharks always were...the wickets were batsmens nightmares, took some wickets though :) Should get a few games down there this year if i can't crack the OD side

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Would offer to help, but I don't have and can't afford the program required (assuming it's ITC).

Hopefully this gets underway soon though, can't wait to get my career started.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Personally, I think the problem was more to do with swapping databases than simming three matches a day. Clicking in ITC goes reasonably quickly and will be roughly equivalent if you sim 6 instead of 3 matches - but by taking stat tracking out of the system, we don't have to trade databases and things goes quicker. Indeed, the first person with the database who feels up to sim can do so. (Though presumably we'll have one main guy responsible for the job).

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Struggled to remain active last time out, ended up not playing. Like to think I would give it a better go this time out.

Majin

Yeah don't like the idea of Feeder clubs, love playing with the lads at Edfield like Borcich and Hak.

chaminda_00

Been in talks with CA, about a series with AIS. Need to know if grade cricket is starting this season, or should we start the series.

chaminda_00

It will start, but nothing wrong with a U19 series with AIS anyway?
Was basically going to be an academy series with the guys that can't make starting XIs to give guys like Burge a game as well. Could do both I guess and make it a bit of short term fix until we have a 6th team.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Was basically going to be an academy series with the guys that can't make starting XIs to give guys like Burge a game as well. Could do both I guess and make it a bit of short term fix until we have a 6th team.

Would be interested in this in the interests of gaining experience.