• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B: England, Paraguay, Trinidad & Tobago, Sweden

Tom Halsey

sledger said:
cant understand why people moan and want walcott on in the place of rooney or owen, stupid people.
No-one wants Walcott in. But if he's not going to play him in situations like that, what was the point in taking him at all?

Sven really has no clue.

TT Boy

Pedro Delgado said:
Word. The King of Kings :)
Shame his out of the Germany game and what would we give for a striker of his aptitude. Worked tirelessly last night, deserved his 'goal' just for his grit and never say die attitude.

TT Boy

Tom Halsey said:
No-one wants Walcott in. But if he's not going to play him in situations like that, what was the point in taking him at all?

Sven really has no clue.
Same could be applied to Jenas, what is the purpose of his presence within the team. It would take a Biblical like plague for him to get anywhere near the starting eleven.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
TT Boy said:
Same could be applied to Jenas, what is the purpose of his presence within the team. It would take a Biblical like plague for him to get anywhere near the starting eleven.
So are you saying we'll put him in if we play the Frogs then?

Pedro Delgado

TT Boy said:
Shame his out of the Germany game and what would we give for a striker of his aptitude. Worked tirelessly last night, deserved his 'goal' just for his grit and never say die attitude.
Why will he miss the Germany game? Missed that one.

Pedro Delgado

TT Boy said:
Your right, ****ing Daily Mail.
Stop reading that rubbish, it decreases sperm count, makes you die younger and can damage pregnancy. And it makes you vote Tory, which is a fate worse than death.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Craig said:
Is there any newspaper to read?!
If you can handle neutrality and boredom, then the Indescribablyboring and the Grauniad might be marginally tolerable.

Personally, one gets all the news one can handle from the BBC and Scrabble Times.

TT Boy

I use to buy The Guardian for it’s film and arts section but now I just read it online. I just pick up whatever paper I find on the train, yesterday would have it, it was the Daily Mail. Any excuse to read that **** wit Littlejohn and the fabricated football stories which go with it, I guess.

Pedro Delgado

Know thine enemy eh. I know them too well, reactionary ****s, secretly vote for the British Nazi Party I suspect. Gaunt, Littlejohn, Hitchens, the first against the wall.

TT Boy

Pedro Delgado said:
Know thine enemy eh. I know them too well, reactionary ****s, secretly vote for the British Nazi Party I suspect. Gaunt, Littlejohn, Hitchens, the first against the wall.
Gaunt is the worst, I see (or even hear) the tosser now preaches his ******** on Talksport.

Last edited:

Pedro Delgado

Aye. Have been unfortunate enough to listen on occasion :wacko: .

It's great for Brazil and Parry (even when I disagree with him he's funny) Hawksbee and Jacobs chat about cricket a fair bit too.

steds

Craig said:
Is there any newspaper to read?!
No. They all neglect Rugby League in almost equal measure. Going by the coverage in the national papers, you'd never guess it was a popular sport with regular 10,000 - 25,000 crowds and regular internationals held in the country.