• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group C: Argentina, Cote d'Ivoire, Serbia & Montenegro, Holland

Pedro Delgado

GeraintIsMyHero said:
bla bla bore off steds :tongue:

I couldn't give a rat's *** who we play personally, as if you are going to win the World Cup you will have to beat great sides at some point, might as well do it early doors
Unless you're Germany four years ago; Paraguay-USA-South Korea. Lucky ****ers.

aussie

GeraintIsMyHero said:
bla bla bore off steds :tongue:

I couldn't give a rat's *** who we play personally, as if you are going to win the World Cup you will have to beat great sides at some point, might as well do it early doors
yea, but i'd rather it be in the semi's, since i'd hate to see England go out in the quarters AGAIN.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Come on a mass brawl sparked by a Robben dive.

All 22 men sent off, both sides struggling in 2nd round and knocked out.

TT Boy

Teams for tonight's game

Holland: Van der Sar, Boulahrouz, Ooijer, Jaliens, De Cler, Sneijder, Cocu, Van der Vaart, Van Persie, van Nistelrooy, Kuyt.

Argentina: Abbondanzieri, Burdisso, Ayala, Milito, Cufre, Mascherano, Maxi, Cambiasso, Riquelme, Messi, Tevez.

Can not wait.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Mildly disappointing thus far. Has the air of a glorified friendly about it. Perhaps I was expecting too much.

Argies been comfortably the better team tho.

FaaipDeOiad

Bloody Ivory Coast. Have to concede two early goals in every match they play, as a rule. Get up.

Argentina/Holland game isn't particularly special, but there's been some interesting pieces of play. Argentina look a bit more likely to score.

superkingdave

Interesting fact from the BBC

"55 mins: It is illegal to call the Ivory Coast the Ivory Coast in the Ivory Coast. "

didn't know that

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
superkingdave said:
Interesting fact from the BBC

"55 mins: It is illegal to call the Ivory Coast the Ivory Coast in the Ivory Coast. "

didn't know that
OK then.

If I ever go there, I'll call it Arthur.

TT Boy

Tom Halsey said:
Because of the colony connotations which are associated with it and the fact that the British contrived the name not the people of Côte d'Ivoire.