• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group D: Uruguay, Costa Rica, England, Italy

Ikki

Utter bull****:

Oliver Leach @SkyLeacho · 1h
.@FIFAcom also say if @LFC want to have their team photo at Anfield, Luis Suarez isn't allowed to be in it.

Oliver Leach @SkyLeacho · 49m
Me: can Luis #Suarez take part in Liverpool fc's merchandise campaign for new season? FIFA: No.

Oliver Leach @SkyLeacho · 49m
Me: Can #Suarez Take part in charitable events with, say, disadvantaged children in Merseyside? IF IT IS NOT A CHARITY OF ANY FOOTBALL BODY

liver Leach @SkyLeacho45m
#fifa also confirmed Suarez isn't allowed to train with LFC during ban. So he might stay in shape, but is he going to be match sharp?

Oliver Leach @SkyLeacho · 39m
.@FIFAcom have though told me that if #Suarez wants a kick around in the park, he is allowed. (Thought best to check)

Oliver Leach @SkyLeacho · 32m
Turns out Luis #Suarez isn't allowed in the Liverpool team photo regardless of where it is taken.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'm sorry but there is no way that some of these terms are not absurd.
Yeah, quite.

I think 4 months is pretty lenient as a playing ban goes, but who really gives a **** if Luis gets a cuppa from the Anfield Cafe or stands on a bench for a team pic?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Pretty sure the ones pertaining to merchandise etc... would amount to an unfair restriction of trade tbh.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, quite.

I think 4 months is pretty lenient as a playing ban goes, but who really gives a **** if Luis gets a cuppa from the Anfield Cafe or stands on a bench for a team pic?
I can see why a stadium ban during match days/times would be thought to be a good idea, but the idea that he's not allowed in Anfield at all seems really stupid.

duffer

What a game that was. I supported Iran at the time but it's one tie where regardless I'm happy for the winner and sad for the loser. And yeh, Iran pulled it out the ass in that playoff, Australia should have scored like 4 in each half in the 2nd leg.

Getting old ay. Gonna be brutal waking up for those CL games next season.
Haha, fails the Citizenship test. Don't worry most ethnics would as well.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Seriously?

If he just held his hands up and said "Yeah, I'm a mentalist, when the red mist comes down I can't help myself" he'd get a lot more sympathy.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
For all everyone moaned about England going out too early, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have stood a chance against Colombia this eve. Glad they went out when they did really.

Ikki

Seriously?

If he just held his hands up and said "Yeah, I'm a mentalist, when the red mist comes down I can't help myself" he'd get a lot more sympathy.
Yeah, he's an idiot. Just doesn't know when to shut the **** up. He must also have some of the most clueless and/or powerless advisors.

For all everyone moaned about England going out too early, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have stood a chance against Colombia this eve. Glad they went out when they did really.
What if they had finished 1st? Costa Rica did.

Last edited:

Uppercut

Seriously?

FIFA cited his complete lack of remorse in their report as a reason why his ban was so long.

social

His lawyer is also a board member of the Uruguayan FA which doesn't bode well for the future of football in that country

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Tbf it might just be the way he's had it translated

word is Barca demanded an apology as a condition of him signing for them