• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group E (Super 8) - Pakistan, South Africa, New Zealand, England

Days of Grace

I noticed Sangakkara keeping in this tournament - I don't see what is so taxing about keeping for 20 overs and opening the batting. BTW for us to have won the tournament McCullum needed to have been at his very best. But he didn't even score one 50. Even today his 30 at run a ball isn't dashing enough compared to his high standards.
To be fair, Sanga no longer keeps in tests.

I feel that McCullum uses T20s as an excuse to rest from the gloving duties.

Nevertheless, it ****s up the team balance something horrendous if Hopkins doesn't score any damn runs.

Surely must be one of the more perservered players in history.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Don't worry guys, they won't. Since half the team is South African they'll almost certainly choke in the semis.

Xuhaib

Akmal's batting style reminds me of a young Tendulkar. Pure poetry, I hope he turns out into a great Batsman.
haha..would love to but no check some of Sachin's early hundred's he was in a different league to Umer though Umer is good I reckon good enough to average 40-45 maybe 48-50 if he gets proper mentoring, in tests as a Pakistani fan I will take that currently. Aamer will be major star in the two of them.

godofcricket

Really happy to see pakistan through to the semi-finals even though they have some major strategic deficiency as far as the batting line-up goes, i think they have got it completely wrong. I cant understand the point behind bringing hafeez at no3? is he our pietersen? we then witnessed another stupidity when they brought in khalid latif back into the team in a crucial match again to bat him at no3. This is exactly the same mind set that reminds me of inzamam-ul-haq, leaving ur major middle order players to play just a couple of overs only to look as if they are all out of form.

The only way they can come out of this middle order crisis is by bringing (from my point of view) razzaq at no3 and misbah at 4 and there are very good reasons for this. I can be very certain that if they can sort out the batting line-up then they are as good as australia are looking at the moment (apart from the fielding obviously). i dont think its about the form of our middle order, its just the responsibility that is given to our batsman which doesnt make sense and they all end up looking stupid and never look chasing down low targets and potentially setting high targets.

GGG

Agree with 3G here; if B McC took the gauntlets both Oram and Butler could've played and the bowling and batting would've both (IMHO, obv) been improved.

Judging by what Vettori (who strikes one as a diplomat by nature) said after the toss when asked about McCullum taking the gloves again "Hmm, well that ship has sailed. Brendan sees himself as a batsman now." I would imagine the management might've asked him to take over too.
barring injury reasons then he should do what he is asked of him, maybe its time to give him a rest and let him ponder his future, excellent wicketkepper batsman, ok batsman that can be explosive on his day, but those days are few and far between, he is a poor mans Astle at the moment TBH.

pasag

RTDAS
Will be gutted if England win a cricket world cup in my lifetime tbh, regardless of the format.
This as well.

Damn, they'll deserve it if they go all the way, playing some good cricket but will be gutted if it happens.

Last edited:

Uppercut

If you have watched the Aus matches in this tournment.. they have struggled against Spin..Pakistan should pack their team with spinners..They might have a chance here but Pak have to play extremly well as they have a score to settle against Aussies..
Yeah but if you have watched Pakistan's matches against Australia in every format for the past six months you'll be crying at the prospect of facing them in the semis.

Stapel

Yeah but if you have watched Pakistan's matches against Australia in every format for the past six months you'll be crying at the prospect of facing them in the semis.
If any team is capable of transforming overnight from complete crap to great levels, or the other way round, it must be Pakistan.

andyc

If any team is capable of transforming overnight from complete crap to great levels, or the other way round, it must be Pakistan.
Like you, I wouldn't be totally surprised if Pakistan were to get one over us if they were up against us in the semis, but people have been saying that about them every time they've played Australia in the last few months and it's always been the same result.

Xuhaib

lol yeah Pakistan just craps their pants when facing Aus.

Would a Windies win take them#1 in their group?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah you can't drop the captain mid-tournament. Highly doubt his place will come under any question with England going so well either, even though it's had pretty much nothing to with him.

It does bring up an interesting question though.. if Collingwood did get the axe from the T20 team, who'd get the captaincy? I think Pietersen would be basically out of the question after his last stint, I guess we'd be looking at Swanneh.

Jayzamann

That's an amazing expression on his face. Like he's making that ball levitate instead of catching it, and looking towards the camera as if to say "you bet".