• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group H - Spain, Switzerland, Honduras, Chile

The Sean

Honduras staking their claim to be the luckiest team at this World Cup. Despite being utterly torn apart in both matches so far, their goal difference is somehow only -3.

Scaly piscine

Honduras the worst team at the finals for me.

As for Spain, typical flat track bullying performance. But they still looked very vulnerable at the back and what Casillas was doing sliding out and kicking the ball early in the game god only knows.

Steulen

Spain doing exactly enough: beat Chili and they're through, regardless of the Swiss result. Chili must now hope that Switzerland fail to beat Honduras or only do so 1-0, in which case Chili would get away with a 1-0 loss themselves.

it's strange, but despite Chili being clearly superior to the Swiss, I'm afraid it's Chili that might go home after this round.

Pothas

Yeah but will be interesting to see how Switzerland do when they have to be the side looking for goals.

Chille be no means certain to lose to Spain of course but will have to start taking their chances.

Steulen

Agreed re: Switzerland but I think they should be able to get a 1-0 or 2-0 win given how poor Honduras are.

Chili not an easy match for Spain but if Spain play to their potential I can't see Chili getting a result. An early red card or something similarly silly would probably be needed for Chili to stand a chance.

Scaly piscine

Really hope the Swiss put a few past Honduras so that at best the hugely over-rated Spaniards get knocked out by Brazil in the next round.

Pothas

Hope Switzerland go out, not got anything against them and in someways the admire the way they have defended but Chile and Spain going through would be far better for the tournament.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Well it's either English or British but there is no case for calling me Welsh, Scottish or Irish, try harder next time

Difference there of course is that if England isn't a real country then we make ourselves smaller, not bigger, whereas their are Spanish regions which do not believe themselves to be part of Spain.

Comment was tongue-in-cheek of course, but I still take pleasure in proving you wrong

Goughy

Well it's either English or British but there is no case for calling me Welsh, Scottish or Irish, try harder next time

Difference there of course is that if England isn't a real country then we make ourselves smaller, not bigger, whereas their are Spanish regions which do not believe themselves to be part of Spain.
And the buggers still want Gibralter.

Scaly piscine

Should just break Spain up into colonies. We'd obviously get a few because we've basically bought Spain a few times over through the EU. May as well just get it done now and save them being declared bankrupt and being sold off.