• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group H: Spain, Ukraine, Tunisia, Saudi Arabia

Matteh

4v0 - dodgy penalty decision but Ukraine never really looked like scoring, Shevchenko neutralised, Spain utterly dominant.

FaaipDeOiad

Adamc said:
Hmm, three up now. Does that sort of thing usually earn a red card? Seemed a little harsh to me.
Extremely harsh. A cynical foul is always a red card, where the fouled player is denied a clear goalscoring chance, but I'm not sure the penalty in question was even on.

TT Boy

Ominous signs, Spain actually performing to their abilities, who would have thought that. Probably the best team performance of the tournament, Ukraine are no mugs but they were little more than cannon fodder today, could not get a sniff of the ball. Unlucky with the penalty and red card but the game was as good as dead for the Ukrainians after twenty minutes.

FaaipDeOiad

Ukraine were very poor. One of the themes of this WC so far, aside from the evenness of the competition, has been the overratedness of various European sides who were strong in qualifying. Poland, Ukraine, and also Serbia & Montenegro to an extent were not impressive at all.

TT Boy

FaaipDeOiad said:
Ukraine were very poor. One of the themes of this WC so far, aside from the evenness of the competition, has been the overratedness of various European sides who were strong in qualifying. Poland, Ukraine, and also Serbia & Montenegro to an extent were not impressive at all.
Ukraine and Serbia have excuses though, they played very good teams, whilst Poland were very disappointing.

Coming into this group I fancied Spain and Tunisia, Ukraine sure they have one of the best players in world football but they are so dependent on him it is untrue. Whilst Tunisia might not have the best players in the world will play like a team and will be organised. However I do not think I will be tuning in at five to watch the game against Saudi Arabia.

Pedro Delgado

Their record is littered with the odd fine outing; though this is their best ever start to a World Cup, I shall remain dubious for now.

TT Boy

****, Roger Lemerre what’s the deal with you and the World Cup.

Al Jaber did he not play for Wolves? could have sworn one of their firms were ‘singing his praises’ at the Den once.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
TT Boy said:
****, Roger Lemerre what’s the deal with you and the World Cup.

Al Jaber did he not play for Wolves? could have sworn one of their firms were ‘singing his praises’ at the Den once.
For about five seconds, yes.

TT Boy

****, draw not good enough for me. Next door neighbour waxing lyrical to me about Tunisia, “Back Tunisia, Rico, they are North African giants, very good team”, tosser.

FaaipDeOiad

Great game that. Still have to say this looks like the worst section of the draw by far, though. Spain will fancy their chances to make the quarter finals without breaking a sweat.

Great Birtannia

So much for my Ukraine to finish top of the group prediction heh :p

They were bad although watching bits of the second game they would still be a good chance to make it through if Spain hold up there end. Shev will get more space against those two.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Matteh said:
4v0 - dodgy penalty decision but Ukraine never really looked like scoring
I think Shev might've put that chance away at 0-0 if the linesman hadn't made a horlicks.