• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How did you rate the Games?

How did you rate the 28th Olympiad?

• Total voters

Craig

World Traveller
I throughly enjoyed them, besides from the crowds, I felt they were entertaining and the Greeks did a great job in getting all the stadia done on time.

Bring on Beijing!

(Now if the server stuffs up on me for the 3rd time, I will scream)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I didn't see a lot (away working, tended to catch the highlights in the pub at night between guinnesses) but I thoroughly enjoyed it all

<quack> You mean the Beach Volleyball, don't you?

all of it

<quack> You very nearly could

what?

<quack> See all of it

Cheeky.

<quack> You know what was missing, though?

Lawn Darts?

<quack> Nope

No? What then?

<quack> LAWN DARTS

I just said that

<quack> It needed more emphasis

Mr. P

Yeah they were good, but not great. Sydney was easier to get into. I suppose a part of that was because the games were in Australia, but I still reckon the Sydney games were more fun and just generally better:)

_Ed_

I voted for 'thoroughly enjoyed them', although I probably did prefer Sydney, mainly because the time difference was much less significant so I was able to watch all the swimming and athletics finals live, while they were all at 4am here for the Athens games.

JollyWood

Waughney said:
I thoroughly enjoyed them, sad to see it end.
Hmm, same here , sad to see the end.

Imagine , watching 2008 Beijing..

by then,
Will Bush still be US President?
Where will be Osama?
Wicket tally of either Murali/Warne..
Flintoff's fate..

Piper

I really enjoyed the games, but i enjoy them anyway not matter where they are held...

Langeveldt

Soutie
Not one to get on a high horse and rant, because I am not a serious Athletics fan..

However, I will not take a major event seriously when it is marred so badly by unfair practise, scandal, cheating, poor sportsmanship, poor judging etc.

My games were summed up by the courageous Brazilian guy who was assaulted during the climax, the marathon... I admire him beyond belief for not losing his cool, making a fuss etc. But unfortunatly his outstanding attitude was not what summed up my olympic experience....

thewizard1o1

I enjoyed them, but they can't be the best ever cause hardly anyone turned up to the events :(. Drug cheats and poor judgeing were also drawbacks.