• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hydra

Marcuss

13 wickets @ 35 against a batting team as good as India, in a country as hard to bowl in as Australia will probably still be pretty good. It isn't like Starc stunk up the joint in 2018, he still took 31 Test wickets at 33 and took about 110 wickets at 25 in the 3 years before that.

Dunno why anyone would think Starc isn't right up there when it comes to the worlds best bowlers.
I don’t know why you keep insisting on arguing against things nobody has said.

India’s batting is good, away from home less so. Plus it contains lots of batsmen who aren’t good.

Nobody has said Starc is trash or ‘isn’t up there’, it’s just Morkel was in the best form of his career for his last 12 months and then took bulk Div 1 County wickets at an average of peanuts and a strike rate of 30.

I don’t even know why you’re getting defensive when all people are saying is ‘we don’t agreee which one of your two world class bowlers is slightly better than the other’

Athlai

Not Terrible
I don’t know why you keep insisting on arguing against things nobody has said.

India’s batting is good, away from home less so. Plus it contains lots of batsmen who aren’t good.

Nobody has said Starc is trash or ‘isn’t up there’, it’s just Morkel was in the best form of his career for his last 12 months and then took bulk Div 1 County wickets at an average of peanuts and a strike rate of 30.

I don’t even know why you’re getting defensive when all people are saying is ‘we don’t agreee which one of your two world class bowlers is slightly better than the other’
This is exactly what Phlegm is consistently saying.

Marcuss in bad take shocker.

Daemon

13 wickets @ 35 against a batting team as good as India, in a country as hard to bowl in as Australia will probably still be pretty good. It isn't like Starc stunk up the joint in 2018, he still took 31 Test wickets at 33 and took about 110 wickets at 25 in the 3 years before that.

Dunno why anyone would think Starc isn't right up there when it comes to the worlds best bowlers.
Sure stats wise he's done good. They flatter him though, he's lost Australia plenty of sessions that have gone on to be match defining.

Flem274*

123/5
It's Pleghm, him praising an Australian is about as likely as him actually using proper capitalisation
i'm on record praising many australian players. smith is the best batsman in the world, i've argued warner could be seen as the mvp due to the rarirty of competent let alone outstanding openers and i probably rate hazlewood higher than all the kids trying to drop him for a mythological situation (pattinson, cummins and starc fit and bowling well)/

australians are just very sensitive to my posts whenever the blow ins and benchmark clones do things like declaring their attack the equal of the 80s windies (last ashes) and make other entertaining statements. it is an unfortunate fact that australia and india have become more alike not just on the field but amongst the fans as well. neither have reached the levels of the bangladeshi ankle biting yap yaps whenever they're playing a better team on a mud heap but there's potential.

daemon starting his randi hippie movement has improved our small corner of the cricketing indian internet considerably tbh. that ishkgy character posting in latin stood out for being the exception rather than the rule which wouldn't have been the case 10 years ago.

interestingly athlai has also picked paine, a bloke some people tried to shoehorn into the 2018 world xi. more style over substance athers.

GoodAreasShane

i'm on record praising many australian players. smith is the best batsman in the world, i've argued warner could be seen as the mvp due to the rarirty of competent let alone outstanding openers and i probably rate hazlewood higher than all the kids trying to drop him for a mythological situation (pattinson, cummins and starc fit and bowling well)/

australians are just very sensitive to my posts whenever the blow ins and benchmark clones do things like declaring their attack the equal of the 80s windies (last ashes) and make other entertaining statements. it is an unfortunate fact that australia and india have become more alike not just on the field but amongst the fans as well. neither have reached the levels of the bangladeshi ankle biting yap yaps whenever they're playing a better team on a mud heap but there's potential.

daemon starting his randi hippie movement has improved our small corner of the cricketing indian internet considerably tbh. that ishkgy character posting in latin stood out for being the exception rather than the rule which wouldn't have been the case 10 years ago.

interestingly athlai has also picked paine, a bloke some people tried to shoehorn into the 2018 world xi. more style over substance athers.
Yeah it's not a problem. The Australian attack is damn good, but not the best in the world (that would be South Africa imo), comparing any current attack to the sheer brilliance of the Windes golden era attackis just OTT.

Anyway you seem to be an F1 fan, gotta give plenty of credit for that

Flem274*

123/5
Yeah it's not a problem. The Australian attack is damn good, but not the best in the world (that would be South Africa imo), comparing any current attack to the sheer brilliance of the Windes golden era attackis just OTT.

Anyway you seem to be an F1 fan, gotta give plenty of credit for that
i think it's close-ish. maharaj steals away the lyon advantage somewhat, but hazlewood and starc are lacking the consistency of the south african trio and cummins has the least games of the lot despite being australias best bowler.

post-steyn i can see a chance for australia to pass them.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
i think it's close-ish. maharaj steals away the lyon advantage somewhat, but hazlewood and starc are lacking the consistency of the south african trio and cummins has the least games of the lot despite being australias best bowler.

post-steyn i can see a chance for australia to pass them.
I definitely think Australia have the best attack for roads, and given they often play on roads it'll probably scale that fairly well in the program I made. Hard to split them and South Africa overall though.

Flem274*

123/5
I definitely think Australia have the best attack for roads, and given they often play on roads it'll probably scale that fairly well in the program I made. Hard to split them and South Africa overall though.
i'd still take sa on a highway, but australia grow an arm and a leg at home which is a massive advantage given touring bowlers usually hate the place

Marcuss

Harris
Burns
Trott
Bawne
Azam
Bavuma
Buttler
Morris
Bhuveneshwar
Tremain
Somerville

Smith
Pant
Lyon
Boult
Bumrah

Probably go with that for the trial.

Marcuss

Code:
		Matches	Runs	Ave	Wickets	Ave	Matches	Runs	Ave	Wickets	Ave
Rishabh	Pant	4	437	62.43							
Jos	Buttler	4	268	67							
Rory	Burns	4	253	36.14							
Marcus	Harris	4	250	35.71							
Bhuv	Kumar	4	170	34	7	59.29					
Babar	Azam	4	130	21.67							
Steve	Smith	3	129	25.8	2	45.5					
Chris	Morris	4	119	29.75	13	23.85					
Ian	Trott	1	63	31.5	0	0	2	171	42.75	1	100
Nathan 	Lyon	4	46	7.67	12	34.92					
Trent	Boult	4	26	5.2	13	35.08					
Jasprit	Bumrah	4	11	1.83	19	22.05					
Ankit	Bawne						3	50	8.33		
Tenda 	Bavuma						3	292	58.4	1	66
Chris	Tremain						3	51	12.75	16	28.63

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Code:
		Matches	Runs	Ave	Wickets	Ave	Matches	Runs	Ave	Wickets	Ave
Rishabh	Pant	4	437	62.43							
Jos	Buttler	4	268	67							
Rory	Burns	4	253	36.14							
Marcus	Harris	4	250	35.71							
Bhuv	Kumar	4	170	34	7	59.29					
Babar	Azam	4	130	21.67							
Steve	Smith	3	129	25.8	2	45.5					
Chris	Morris	4	119	29.75	13	23.85					
Ian	Trott	1	63	31.5	0	0	2	171	42.75	1	100
Nathan 	Lyon	4	46	7.67	12	34.92					
Trent	Boult	4	26	5.2	13	35.08					
Jasprit	Bumrah	4	11	1.83	19	22.05					
Ankit	Bawne						3	50	8.33		
Tenda 	Bavuma						3	292	58.4	1	66
Chris	Tremain						3	51	12.75	16	28.63
Did you do your own stats? You know they automatically update on your team page, right? :p