• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India's chances of winning a medal

V Reddy

Neil Pickup said:
You're doing as well as we are... :cry:

Wow i noticed that as well :D . Here are Rathore's quotes after winning

"I am not especially happy because it is the first silver medal, but I am certainly happy that we have won a silver," said Rathore.

"I have always believed that India has the kind of skill that can win many, many medals. It is the belief that we can win medals that is what is important," said the 34-year-old.

"It is also the focus on the Olympic sports that will bring us more medals. Of course cricket is important and I love it too but unless the focus is there on Olympic sports, no youngster will ever start playing Olympic sports.

"Materially there is a problem for me to even get funds to go out and train. I had a lot of difficult times to get funding."

"If you ask how the feeling was, I have to say I would not like to go through it again," he said, the weight of a nation's expectations finally lifted from his shoulders.

"I probably died many, many times out there."

Some from Kalmadi

"Hockey is a national game but now shooting is catching up," said Suresh Kalmadi, a parliamentarian and president of the Indian National Olympic Committee.

"We had sent eight shooters and at the best of times all of them could have won a medal. We were in finals in three events and so Indian shooting is showing the way for the rest of our team.

"But of course cricket is in our blood and that's why Olympic sports are not coming up in our country because everyone is veering around cricket."

Sanz

V Reddy said:
Eagerly waiting for Sanz's reply after looking at his sign :ph34r:
If you have not noticed, I removed my signature yesterday itself. :D I am more greedy now, I want at least two more.

We still have some good chances in Tennis(Paes/Bhupathi), Archery(Reena Kumari, Styadev Prasad), Weightlifting(Malleshwari) and Long Jump(Anju Bobby George).

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I wouldn't bet on that, actually.

Radcliffe we can count on - but I can't really see any other gold medal shots, as there's no way that Dean Macey's going to get through ten events without at least six different injuries.

Sailing, however, is a different story :D

biased indian

Neil Pickup said:
I wouldn't bet on that, actually.

Radcliffe we can count on - but I can't really see any other gold medal shots, as there's no way that Dean Macey's going to get through ten events without at least six different injuries.

Sailing, however, is a different story :D
no chance for medal in athletics other than radcliffe??????

steds

Denise Lewis was struggling for fitness, last time I heard.
Darren Campbell looks our best sprinting chance
Kelly Holmes ought to do alright in the 800m and 1500m
Jade Johnson might get a medal in the long jump
Steve Backley should always be fancied for a javelin medal
Chris Tomlinson(400m hurdles) is one to watch
Then Paula Radcliffe(guaranteed medal) and Dean Macey, who, as Neil said, is injured a hell of a lot

ash chaulk

i saw an english women 800m runner come 3rd in the world indoors she was kinda hot too forgot her name but her last name started with a F i think.

Don

hey india is doing gppd in th 4x4's i want them to win.i like tose women there sorta cute

masterblaster

They better damn well come home with a medal.

One silver medal for a country with a population of 1 billion.

Absolutely pathetic.