• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Less European representation

vcs

Brazil went out to a Fellaini-Witsel midfield.

I think you’re overfitting. Argentina had an unusually weak side but reached the final last time, and Brazil didn’t get the rub of the green against another strong team. The only other major historical South American power is Uruguay, who are still massively overperforming given their size etc. I don’t think much has changed.
Nah he's got a point about midfielders. For years Brazil have either produced good defensive mids or number 10s. I can't remember the last great Brazilian midfielder who I'd compare style wise to a Xavi, Iniesta, Kroos, Pirlo, Scholes from Europe, or even Riquelme or Redondo from Argentina.
Yeah, this was more what I was trying to say. Definitely possible I could be drawing too long a bow with the general point.

Uppercut

Nah he's got a point about midfielders. For years Brazil have either produced good defensive mids or number 10s. I can't remember the last great Brazilian midfielder who I'd compare style wise to a Xavi, Iniesta, Kroos, Pirlo, Scholes from Europe, or even Riquelme or Redondo from Argentina.
Pretty high bar you’re setting tbf. Casemiro, Fernandinho and Coutinho are all still very good, certainly better than the current England or Italy midfields.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
That's why I don't think retaliation should be a red card unless the retaliation is uneccesarily violent. If a defender clatters a forward late then I think retaliating with a kick or 'accidentally' standing on your opponent is fair game.
Not one of your better posts.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Juninho.

wpdavid

The golden heel. What a ****ing player he was.
Yeah, Socrates remains one of my all-time favourite players; a shoe-in for an XI made of players I have enjoyed watching.

I just finished reading his biography actually. Not an entirely happy read given his early demise through alcohol abuse and his absolute mess of a private life.