• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

long term Australian XI

halba

long term aus XI.

pretty much all the current batters are clueless against swing, that includes smith.

All we need is application, patience and basics as we will go up against good teams often.

we need to think next 3-4 years.

Warner
Klinger(like for like with Rogers, need some experience)
Ferguson
Cowan (slow, but improved his scoring rate, good defender)
Khawaja/Burns
Stoinis
Wade(best imho, way better bat than neville)
Starc
Sandhu
Hazlewood
Lyon/O'keefe

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
long term aus XI.

pretty much all the current batters are clueless against swing, that includes smith.

All we need is application, patience and basics as we will go up against good teams often.

Warner
Ferguson
Khawaja/Burns
Stoinis
Starc
Sandhu
Hazlewood
Lyon
So Smith dropped then, ok.

Howe_zat

If 'not currently being in the team' is the only criterion for selection, I'd probably pick Burgey.

Fuller Pilch

long term aus XI.

Warner
Ferguson
Khawaja/Burns
Stoinis
Starc
Sandhu
Hazlewood
Lyon/O'keefe
I like it - I wanna see this side in all the NZ tests this summer. Send it through to Boof and Rod Marsh asap

Viscount Tom

Nah the worst part is that we all know where going to get some really **** quality posters arriving on the back of us winning.

Howe_zat

If Australia lose the Ashes they will go back to being 'a team in transition'; which generally means tossing out perfectly good players because they happen to be over 32 - not going to be around for the next Ashes, y'see - for someone who hit a nice cover drive this week.

So NZers should be supporting England if they want to beat Australia themselves this year.
It begins

Johann

Agar is a painfully average spinner. No idea why anyone would want to drop Lyon who has caused problems all series long and is generally pretty economical

The Battlers Prince

What's Lyon done wrong as a test bowler?
Lyon's got his spot, I'm ok with him in the side. Just mean he, like the pace bowlers has to keep up his practice to stay ahead of the competition. I also hate when he bowls darts on leg stump line. He still leaks runs doing this, so hopefully he keeps on tossing it up, as he has been this series.
Agar was hitting the right spots too though. Had a few golden chances go down in his tests, he can bat and field better than Lyon as well.