• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Man of the tournament?

Who is your pick for Man of the Tournament?

• David Warner

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mitchell Starc

• Jasprit Bumrah

• Lockie Ferguson

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flem274*

123/5
bangladesh fans are mental*. all they do online is post "TIGERS!" and talk a lot of **** to oppo fans then disappear when bangers get tossed aside like they're not even plunket shield standard (and when they tour here i bet even wellington could dispatch them).

zorax is actually notable for being a dirty icc cum guzzler because it's the first time a bangerz fan has posted something different to the usual.

good team at home tho.

*andyzalthair is the exception that proves the rule

M0rphin3

No there isn't mate. Be realistic. There's tremendous expectation on Australia's WC soccer side too, from Australian soccer supporters. But the rest of the world knows they're never getting out of the group stage. Let's not get carried away with what's expected of them.
M8, my mere contention being the ****ing minnow tag that's still bandied around by people, and as an extension, dismissing Shakib's achievement. Of course, there's large viewership and ergo pressure (since they've done relatively well in ODIs).

Don't even know what the point was re: drawing pointless parallels.

M0rphin3

bangladesh fans are mental*. all they do online is post "TIGERS!" and talk a lot of **** to oppo fans then disappear when bangers get tossed aside like they're not even plunket shield standard (and when they tour here i bet even wellington could dispatch them).

zorax is actually notable for being a dirty icc cum guzzler because it's the first time a bangerz fan has posted something different to the usual.

good team at home tho.

*andyzalthair is the exception that proves the rule
Awta in general, but again my point is just being so dismissive of Shakib's feats coz he 'plays for a minnow side (which they ain't) that has zero expectations'.. or summin.

Burgey

M8, my mere contention being the ****ing minnow tag that's still bandied around by people, and as an extension, dismissing Shakib's achievement. Of course, there's large viewership and ergo pressure (since they've done relatively well in ODIs).

Don't even know what the point was re: drawing pointless parallels.
His achievements have been terrific, but when your side stinks it up you can just play in a bubble and do what you do. And that's what he (and they) did. The idea that people watching you means there's so much pressure/ expectation which make it all so much harder is anathema to being a professional sportsperson. That's the gig ffs.

M0rphin3

His achievements have been terrific, but when your side stinks it up you can just play in a bubble and do what you do. And that's what he (and they) did. The idea that people watching you means there's so much pressure/ expectation which make it all so much harder is anathema to being a professional sportsperson. That's the gig ffs.
Literally what I'm talking about though. There *are* people watching (huge numbers, in fact), and there is pressure tho. It's not as if Shakib goes out there and plays with zero pressure. There *is* pressure on him too.

Anyhoo, comparing that with pressure on more dominant sides like NZ/Oz etc is a pointless exercise (and highly subjective, if not arbitrary) - and I don't intend to get into that line of argument. My point merely being the argument of Shakib's achivement ranking somehow way less because he plays for a 'minnow side' (again which they ain't). Dunno which part of this is unclear tbh.