• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Me, Myself & Ronchi

Sudeep

It's off-season again, which means it's time to go out of CWLand to play club cricket elsewhere. Last season at Perth was exalted, truly nonpareil - despite the fact that Dave Watt self-promoted himself to the captainship of the WA side, which is just too illustrious a job for a Red. But he proved me wrong, we did quite well under him, and I've to hand that to him.

This season in CWLand wasn't too great for yours truly, I lost my place as a regular in the OD squad, and the FC matches performances too couldn't be aglowed with some glaring performances; instead it was a pretty flat contribution. Does that make me pessimistic about the prospects of making it to WA this time around? To be honest, they do a little. For a fact, despite an awesome season for WA overall last time, my performances weren't too impressive, bar a couple where I really outshone Hoggy. I needed a good season back home, which I couldn't deliver.

I still hope though. I've been working on bowling pace as well; though it'd be a complete tangent to what I've been doing all my career, useful help from fellow Blues pacers has inculcated a desire, a willingness to change tracks in order to prove more useful to whichever side I play. And ofcourse, there's Ronchi to put in a good word to the cricket board at WA about me.

Plus, it would be a shame to change the diary's title!

Sudeep

kwek said:
haha :) good story :)
come play club cricket in holland ;D
It's the next option - It has brilliant weather, beautiful scenery and unbelievably hot babes, but I shall keep cricket first for the time being, and there's no better place for it than Australia. :p

Last edited:

aussie

sundeep when ronchi, told u he aspires to play for india was he serious or just kidding around, because i find that very odd

Sudeep

aussie said:
sundeep when ronchi, told u he aspires to play for india was he serious or just kidding around, because i find that very odd
It's Sudeep. :p

And he didn't tell me directly. It's an inside story which was leaked to Dave Watt. :D

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
kwek said:
you know what we say in holland then ... Mierenneuker :p :happy: :p
Do you think we're complete idiots or something?

It doesn't take a minute to whack that into google and discover what the rubbish that you're spouting means in English.

Think. Before. Typing. Then think again before pressing "submit"...

Warning.

(Thanks for alerting us to that, Alex)

Kweek

Mierenneuker is a joke word in holland and not at all offensive, you can ask every dutchman and all will laugh its means something like making from a small problem a huge one !

edit : dutch word book : mie·ren·neu·ker (de ~ (m.), ~s)
1 [inf.] muggenzifter

now lets look for Muggenzifter shall we ?

Last edited:

Sudeep

kwek said:
Mierenneuker is a joke word in holland and not at all offensive, you can ask every dutchman and all will laugh its means something like making from a small problem a huge one
Okay, so what was the relevance here? Correcting my name wasn't made out to be a huge problem. The smiley :p is a testament of that. :wacko:

Kweek

Sudeep said:
Okay, so what was the relevance here? Correcting my name wasn't made out to be a huge problem. The smiley :p is a testament of that. :wacko:
well and my Mierenneuker followed by :p :happy: is a testament of that. it was not offensive as it just isnt in dutch. sorry. :huh:

masterblaster

Popatji is heading to Atlanta!

Enjoy driving on the wrong side of the road and measuring the temperature before each game in degrees Fahrenheit :p

Sudeep

It's cataclysmal that I won't be going to Western Australia this time around, they announced only a single opening, and that too for a seamer, for which they picked Watt. :@ Obviously, if I wanted, I could have cultivated some pace bowling skills, and applied for the same as well, but I thought I'd let him have the chance. :p

But hey, I'm going to the next best place - Atlanta. The fact that I used to play club cricket there before signing up with CW should help me function as my best there. Plus, I love the weather, and the food there. And the women, let's not even get into that, or you'd start suspecting if I'm going there for cricket or what.

Traditionally, every time I come back from Atlanta, I had gained a few pounds, thanks to the ulimited pizza offer at Cici's Pizza, and look more and more like Shane Warne did a few years back. Maybe this time around though, I can come back with bowling skills even half as good as him, so that I can rip opposition batsmen next CW season.

I'm not sure when the season starts, or even when I'm flying off. I need to know the latter though, as soon as possible, so that I can contact the air hostess to set up with her airlines to be on that flight, or maybe even transfer to their American division; she surely wouldn't want to be in Perth anymore, especially with Watt alone, without my supervision.

Sudeep

Oh, and how could I forget? I'm going to Atlanta, not WA. So, no Ronchi? Wrong.

Apparently, Duckworth Ronchi, a perfect clone of Luke, although no known relation exists between the two, will be joining myself and Cunnigham at Atlanta.

Ronchi is a flamboyant batsman, some say he makes Afridi look halcyon. He also bowls left arm orthodox, I think, which would make him a valuable side-kick while I'm bowling.

It'd be good to get acquainted with him as soon as possible.