• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mills must play

kiwiviktor81

Nah. Henry was excellent today. Took some tap at the end of SA's innings but at one point he was 9 off 5 overs.

BeeGee

He'd probably go well, but there is no way NZ are going to change their side for the final.

jonbrooks

I like Mills but it does concern me if we bring him in to play the one game and it happens to be the final. I say stick with Henry.

Bahnz

Tough to call. Both bowlers are probably suited to bowling early against Australia's aggresively minded batsmen. Mills arguably slightly better suited to bowling in the mid-late overs because of his greater slower-ball repertoire, but even then it's a toss-up.

straw man

Henry bowled beautifully upfront and was unlucky to run into ABDV batting amazingly. Yes he's hittable off a length later on, but I'm backing him to take two or three wickets in his first spell against whoever we face in the final.

Le Mac

Banned
I don't think Millsy will be much help. He's barely been sighted since Australian Idol 2003 and to be quite honest, after giving Paris Hilton the once over I doubt he'd have much interest in a dozen sweaty, hairy dudes wandering around naked in the MCG dressing room.

Zinzan

Wait, did someone say a seam attack of Mills, Boult & Henry at the G? :-O

I'm 75% trolling & 25% serious.

thierry henry

Wait, did someone say a seam attack of Mills, Boult & Henry at the G? :-O

I'm 75% trolling & 25% serious.
Trolling because it'll never happen, serious because it'd be a pretty good thing.

I will be stoked if Southee goes for less than 6RPO.

Zinzan

Trolling because it'll never happen, serious because it'd be a pretty good thing.

I will be stoked if Southee goes for less than 6RPO.
I share your pessimism about Southee. Think Aust will target both him & our 5th bowling option & sit on Vettori & Boult (and treat Henry like an unknown quantity) . Like you, I hope I'm wrong about Timmeh.

Hurricane

I would play Mills. He arguably understands ODI bowling better than any other seamer in the world. The only thing stopping him from being more successfully is that others are faster.

Flem274*

123/5
Mills is six foot five and hits the deck hard on a perfect length. He doesn't need pace.

You're right though, he's a master of finding the right length for the day within a few balls.

veganbob

Southee has been pretty average apart from the england game. He does not look threatening and slso looks very hittable atm.