• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

MVP Predictions

tobe_ornot2

Banned
I can tell many on here have not followed English ODI cricket thinking that fast bowlers are going to get a lot of help.

Black_Warrior

I can tell many on here have not followed English ODI cricket thinking that fast bowlers are going to get a lot of help.
Not just people here, Pakistan have picked a team for "English conditions" as well according to Inzamam. You can forgive fans for missing this but for an international team management to not be aware of latest trends and what to expect in a global tournament.

George Dobell on how English pitches have become markedly more batsman-friendly | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

Daemon

Not just people here, Pakistan have picked a team for "English conditions" as well according to Inzamam. You can forgive fans for missing this but for an international team management to not be aware of latest trends and what to expect in a global tournament.

George Dobell on how English pitches have become markedly more batsman-friendly | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo
Wow, I'm shocked to hear Inzy thinks that way. I thought only casuals like OS believed in the 'English conditions' myth.

tobe_ornot2

Banned

I have never rated Inzamam as a "thinking man" so it's no surprise he is having such a cock up with selection. Having said that, the Pakistan ODI squad is quite well put together. I would just have a couple changes: Azhar would have to go and Shah should really be in. The best leggy in the world in tests can't get a shot at an ODI?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag

vcs

If Pakistan win this tournament, the funny thing is it will not necessarily have vindicated their selection. It will be down to their players peaking at the business end of an extremely short tournament. That's the weird thing about Pakistan's cricket, the complete randomness.

What they should learn from this, is that they need to stop being so wary of trying out talented young players. Fakhar, Hasan, Shadab etc. have been a breath of fresh air. Move on from guys like Hafeez, Shoaib Malik, Shehzad etc. in the long term. I see teams like India and England these days are far less conservative with giving younger players opportunities, especially in limited overs, and it has definitely helped in creating very good bench strength.

smalishah84

The Tiger King
If Pakistan win this tournament, the funny thing is it will not necessarily have vindicated their selection. It will be down to their players peaking at the business end of an extremely short tournament. That's the weird thing about Pakistan's cricket, the complete randomness.

What they should learn from this, is that they need to stop being so wary of trying out talented young players. Fakhar, Hasan, Shadab etc. have been a breath of fresh air. Move on from guys like Hafeez, Shoaib Malik, Shehzad etc. in the long term. I see teams like India and England these days are far less conservative with giving younger players opportunities, especially in limited overs, and it has definitely helped in creating very good bench strength.
I think that was a bit of a misbah mindset as well, and now that he is gone completely from the scene we are seeing a lot more changes. Let's hope the changes are not just a one off but a change in culture

Bouncer

Love the fact that Player of the tournament went to a bowler, I mean in this day and age of flat surfaces, huge bats, when was the last time we had a bowler win play of tournament award?

as an old school cricket fan, this (bowler winning MoT award) makes me happy

Teja.

Global Moderator
Love the fact that Player of the tournament went to a bowler, I mean in this day and age of flat surfaces, huge bats, when was the last time we had a bowler win play of tournament award?

as an old school cricket fan, this (bowler winning MoT award) makes me happy
Quite literally the last major ICC ODI tournament?